Second install problem launching.

Go to solution Solved by Redlinebuzz,

• Solution

Sorry, have no idea how to accurately describe this. But can't get TACVIEW to record, their troubleshooting indicates a module may have broken something. So I tried doing a clean install in a different location on the same disc and get this error.

"03888.568 STATUS: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\CLEAN_INSTALL\DCS World OpenBeta\_downloads\CoreMods/WWII Units/SpitfireLFMkIX/Liveries/SpitfireLFMkIXCW/USSR pilot Lt. Col. V. A. Matsiyevitch, 26th GvIAP/SpitfireIX_USSR_Matsiyevitch_26th_GvIAP.dds.downloading.6e5f1ccbd3afce42: (3) The system cannot find the path specified."

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: Found the problem, folder structure, thanks !

Edited by Redlinebuzz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Hello, I am experiencing this same issue when doing a fresh install on a new system build. My error is the same with the same file name/path – the system can not find the path specified. You mention the issue is in the folder structure, do you have any more advice on how to fix this issue? Thank you so much.

Intel i7-4790k @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H80i v2 | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid | 24GB RAM (2x8 & 2x4) | Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb, Crucial MX300 525Gb, WD 1Tb Black | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit | 3x 24" 1920x1080 & 1x 20" 1600x900 | EDTracker Pro w/ OpenTrack 2.3 | Thrustmaster T.16000M | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

Hello. Please try this:

1. Go  to "\DCS World OpenBeta\_downloads\CoreMods/WWII Units/SpitfireLFMkIX/Liveries"
  2. Delete the SpitfireLFMkIXCW folder.
  3. Launch DCS. The updater should re-download the file which is causing your issue.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

22 hours ago, Flappie said:

Hello. Please try this:

1. Go  to "\DCS World OpenBeta\_downloads\CoreMods/WWII Units/SpitfireLFMkIX/Liveries"
  2. Delete the SpitfireLFMkIXCW folder.
  3. Launch DCS. The updater should re-download the file which is causing your issue.

Hi Flappie, thank you for your response.  I tried the above but I am given the same error message regarding the same file. What puzzles me is the fact this is with a brand new, fresh install on a new system build. Do you have any other ideas to try? I have attached the autoupdate_log and error message in case they are helpful.

Error Message:

DCS Error.png

autoupdate_log.txt

Edited by _Silens_

Intel i7-4790k @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H80i v2 | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid | 24GB RAM (2x8 & 2x4) | Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb, Crucial MX300 525Gb, WD 1Tb Black | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit | 3x 24" 1920x1080 & 1x 20" 1600x900 | EDTracker Pro w/ OpenTrack 2.3 | Thrustmaster T.16000M | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

I know what's happening to you: the file path is too long! (261 characters > W10 default 260 characters)

You have two solutions:

• Shorten the path of the game
  • Remove the W10 limitation in the registry (link)
  • Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

17 hours ago, Flappie said:

I know what's happening to you: the file path is too long! (261 characters > W10 default 260 characters)

You have two solutions:

• Shorten the path of the game
  • Remove the W10 limitation in the registry (link)

Hi Flappie, thank you for your response. This was precisely the issue! I have shortened the path to the game files and all works as it should now. Thank you very much for your help!