FD delivrery mode

IkarusC42B Pilot

3 hours ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

With the upcoming coupled ap mode it seems we can engage it with auto mode. I knew about being able to engage it when we have a tgt but with this whats the point of the fd mode this since its the same thing?

It's been a while since I used the other sim... somehow I never had a need for FD delivery.

One thing though, the BAC settings for AP CPL have nothing to do with FD setup... if I remember correctly:book:

9 hours ago, Gripes323 said:

It's been a while since I used the other sim... somehow I never had a need for FD delivery.

One thing though, the BAC settings for AP CPL have nothing to do with FD setup... if I remember correctly:book:

The NAV and TAC Bank angle limits for coupled mode are completely independent from the bank angle used by FD mode.
FD can be set to either 30,45 or 60 degrees on the stores page, and these override the NAV mode limits. 

FD is also an alternate means of steering. AUTO basically draws a virtual line in space you steer to. FD gives you a line to fly a specific bank angle, much like the magenta bars on a typical PFD instrument. In fact, FD steering is more comparable to CCRP in the A-10 than AUTO is.

Edited by Jak525