Custom Carrier Spawn Locations

BreaKKer

With the introduction of custom aircraft ground spawn locations with DCS 2.7, I was curious when we will see the same for the super carrier. Bow spawns, stern spawns, etc. My squadron and air wing as a whole could really use custom spawn locations, since we have more than the 16 aircraft that need to spawn in, and half of those being Tomcats. This would allow us to have spawns on the angle deck when aircraft are not recovering.
"ME. Added ability to place all Player/Client Aircraft on ground without parking spot"

Arrangement of Planes on the Flight Deck
USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71)File:US Navy 100703-N-6720T-029 Sailors aboard the aircraft carrier USS  George Washington (CVN 73) spell out GW 18th on the flight deck while  arriving in port to commemorate the ship's 18 years of

Edited by BreaKKer
  • Like 2

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

• BreaKKer changed the title to Custom Carrier Spawn Locations

So far this is the only way to make it possible, and truthfully, I don’t see that changing.

This method has it’s issues if considered for a persistent public server (blocking CATs & fouled landing deck etc), but for single mission oriented private/squad servers, you could literally spawn 30+ aircraft with no problems at all.

16 hours ago, norman99 said:

So far this is the only way to make it possible, and truthfully, I don’t see that changing.

This method has it’s issues if considered for a persistent public server (blocking CATs & fouled landing deck etc), but for single mission oriented private/squad servers, you could literally spawn 30+ aircraft with no problems at all.

This is some great work. Hopefully this can be considered/implemented to be in DCS.

• Like 2

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

• 9 months later...

What would also be cool is adding an "Uncontrolled" option to player/client aircraft spawns. Essentially having client spawns act as Aircraft statics until someone spawns in the aircraft. It would make conventional statics totally superfluous.  

• Like 1

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png