Buddy Lase

Neon

5 hours ago, Neon said:

Ok so me and a buddy were all setup I was in a F-16 lasing the target (1688) and he is dropping on a way point I give him to the target. But no matter what we do we cannot get buddy lasing to work. Is this currently broken?

Are you on Open Beta ?

With DCS 2.7 the navigation system has been made more realistic.

So now you can't disable the INS drift.

It's about 1Nm/h of flight.

M-2000C doesn't have embedded GPS.

So let's say you have been flying for 30mn, if your M-2000C wingman just input target coordinates in navigation system, and he just aim at the + symbol in the HUD, he may be aiming 1/2Nm (1000 yards) away from the target.

So he should update the navigation on visible initial point near the target area. Since you have TGP and embedded GPS in F-16, you can even determine an IP in flight for your wingman.

Or he should be able to VID the target and aim directly at it rather than relying on navigation system.

Yes, I know, this is more challenging...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Should be OK. Laser max range is 8nm so make sure it's less than that from F-16 to target. Mirage has a very energy positive delivery for LGBs which means anything more lofty than level can mean the bomb never sees the laser as ballistically it's going beyond the designated point. A dive attack or even Mirage designating a few hundred meters short of the target should ensure that the bomb will have spot inside its view cone (within about 15 degrees off axis).