Lua scripting question

Hi all! Now I do have a little programming experience, I've programmed a lot of  PHP wtih classes and database interaction. But this LUA scripting stumps me a bit. Setting variables etc is easy but where can I find the functions that I can manipulate objects in DCS. Specifically I'd like to introduce engine failure to an airplane when e.g. passing a certain trigger zone. I have a feeling this can be done by a line or two of code in the mission editor. Using the GUI I have no issues making the plane explode when i.e. entering a tringger zone.

Ole

On 5/1/2021 at 7:22 PM, Good Ol 73 said:

Hi all! Now I do have a little programming experience, I've programmed a lot of  PHP wtih classes and database interaction. But this LUA scripting stumps me a bit. Setting variables etc is easy but where can I find the functions that I can manipulate objects in DCS. Specifically I'd like to introduce engine failure to an airplane when e.g. passing a certain trigger zone. I have a feeling this can be done by a line or two of code in the mission editor. Using the GUI I have no issues making the plane explode when i.e. entering a tringger zone.

Ole

Hi
Here is what you may find interesting

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/Category:Scripting

And here's how to get started.

Well, courage, I also started with PHP ^^

• Thanks 1

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)