F-14 Pilot UHF display

RED0223

Hi guys, I'm building the pilot control panel for the ARC159 in the F- 14.  This is my first panel for my F-14 simpit and I'm having trouble putting together a sketch for displaying the frequency on a 7 segment display.  I have an arduino uno and a TM1637 6 digit 7 segment display.  Unfortunately, I have zero coding knowledge.  I've downloaded IDE, DCS BIOS, and several libraries for the tm1637.  I've spent several days trying to paste together a sketch, but no joy.  Doe anyone have a sketch that that they could share?  Thanks

Here's the code I came up with based on Vlad's A10c code

Tell DCS-BIOS to use a serial connection and use interrupt-driven
  communication. The main program will be interrupted to prioritize
  processing incoming data.

This should work on any Arduino that has an ATMega328 controller
  (Uno, Pro Mini, many others).
 */
#define DCSBIOS_IRQ_SERIAL
#include "TM1637TinyDisplay6.h"
#include "DcsBios.h"

#define CLK 3
#define DIO 4

TM1637TinyDisplay6 PltUhf(CLK, DIO); // 6-Digit Display Class

void onPltUhf1110DialChange(unsigned int newValue) {
     PltUhf.showString(newValue, 1, 0);    
}
DcsBios::IntegerBuffer pltUhf1110DialBuffer(0x1240, 0x0003, 0, onPltUhf1110DialChange);

void onPltUhf11DialChange(unsigned int newValue) {
   int x=newValue;
   PltUhf.showNumber(x, true,1, 2);
}
DcsBios::IntegerBuffer pltUhf11DialBuffer(0x1240, 0x000c, 2, onPltUhf11DialChange);

void onPltUhf101DialChange(unsigned int newValue) {
     int x=newValue;
  PltUhf.showNumber(x, true,1, 3);
}
DcsBios::IntegerBuffer pltUhf101DialBuffer(0x1240, 0x0030, 4, onPltUhf101DialChange);

void onPltUhf1025DialChange(unsigned int newValue) {
  PltUhf.showString(newValue,2, 4);
}
DcsBios::IntegerBuffer pltUhf1025DialBuffer(0x1240, 0x00c0, 6, onPltUhf1025DialChange);

void setup()
{
    DcsBios::setup();
    PltUhf.clear();
    PltUhf.setBrightness(10);
}
void loop() {
  DcsBios::loop();
}

Here's what read on the display:

image.pngimage.png

I know it's not right, but to me it's progress.  At least something came up on the display.  Can anybody show me where I'm going wrong?

Sorry, my code doesn't work for you. The A-10 does it differently. The F-14 does not have the ability to display the frequency one digit at a time, but only on a common line. My code on 3rd and 4th digits works correctly, only it outputs switch position 0, 1 and 2 (1 is middle position)
Can you use these lines?

PILOT Dial 3 ARC-159 Frequency

PILOT Dial 4 ARC-159 Frequency

PILOT High ARC-159 Frequency

Hello, I have mainly tried with the Huey radios but once I tried the F-14 and something similar happened, I attributed it to an error in the bios code. The radio didn't work at first, but when I switched to the RIO station and used theirs, it worked. It seems that the codes of the RIO and Piloto radios were wrong

F14 RIO radio

• 1 year later...

Hey, I know this post is a fair age now, but has anyone had any further luck with this? I've got the same TM1637 6 digit 7 segment display. I was hoping to have a mess around with it and see if i can get it to work. I don't have any coding knowledge either, but i'll certainly have a go!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/7/2023 at 2:25 PM, ashchan said:

Check if this would help, see the arduino code in the F14_Radio_Panel  folder: https://github.com/ashchan/tomcat-control-panels/tree/main/Radio Panel

Disclaimer: it’s my personal project. 

Thank you so much for sharing this! absolutely fantastic!

I wonder, do you have plans to do the ACM panel?

Edited by Snug
extra question

• 3 weeks later...

im just starting down this road without the 1st clue of wha tim doing yet (i dont think dcs bios is even connecting to dcs lol) 
im looking for outputs of both radios, tacan and icls channel. where do i start?

On 5/7/2023 at 2:25 PM, ashchan said:

Check if this would help, see the arduino code in the F14_Radio_Panel  folder: https://github.com/ashchan/tomcat-control-panels/tree/main/Radio Panel

Disclaimer: it’s my personal project. 

hi do you have the cad files for the knobs? 

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr