[RESOLVED] Eclair pod, and countermeasure quantity in general is completly wrong.

Lascar12F

There are so many problems with the countermeasures on the mirage right now.

1- The plane in-game right now, does not need to mount the éclair pod to carry more than 16 flares. this is clearly a bug, éclair does nothing but add weight at the moment. (also flares will never visually come out of the éclair straight down. they always come from the fuselage launchers no matter how many you load on the plane)

2- If you select 112 chaff + 48 flares on the load-out or rearming page, you only get 42 flares loaded on the plane.

3- More importantly 48 flares (or 42 for that matter) shouldn't even be possible on the mirage IRL even with éclair pod. It's 16 flares without and 32 flares with the éclair pod IRL.

4- The game will allow you to load 162 flares 0 chaff if you ask. This should be impossible as the SPIRAL dispensers on the fuselage do not allow the much larger flare canisters to be loaded, only chaff is possible in SPIRAL. 32 flares with the éclair is the absolute limit a mirage can carry IRL.

5- The maximum countermeasures count with éclair should be 130 chaff 32 flares. 112 chaff in the spiral and another 18 in the éclair that are missing right now.

To sum up: too many flares, missing chaff from the éclair, éclair is broken, spiral should not be able to load flares.

It's very strange to me that these mistakes are in the game as the 3D models of the plane and the éclair pod literally allow you to count the countermeasures that they carry visually.

In my opinion, countermeasures on the mirage should be on or off. either you load them full or you don't load any. there is no need for a slider like US and RUS jets. the mirage has dedicated launchers for both type that cannot be mixed. even the éclair does not allow you to choose what it carries IRL as you can see in the picture (EM is chaff IR1 and IR2 are for flares). it's either on the plane with 16 flares 18 chaff or it's not.

f0de355bb5009a171d363e512969f764.png

Edited by Lascar12F
  • Like 1

Rafale is the best fighter in the world fight me

Hi, we already had the info on how the CM works on the Mirage and it's exactly as you said. 🙂

I agree with you that the CM should be default or default + éclair pod, no need for a slider.

An update on the CM is planned but it's not a priority right now as the system works, it's not perfect but it works 🙂.

Thank for the report tho.

• Like 2

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

• myHelljumper changed the title to [Planned] Eclair pod, and countermeasure quantity in general is completly wrong.
  • 1 month later...
  • myHelljumper changed the title to [PLANNED] Eclair pod, and countermeasure quantity in general is completly wrong.
On 6/22/2021 at 10:24 AM, Kercheiz said:

It’s 32 IRL no?

I believe it is 32 in real life.  I run 32 on my JF also.  If I need more than 32 I have been in the fight for to long.    Both of which I should have been well inside the WEZ and be in gunfighting range.   And with the Mirage that is really easy to achieve.

• myHelljumper changed the title to [RESOLVED] Eclair pod, and countermeasure quantity in general is completly wrong.