Sound drop out?

DTWD

Is it my game/setup or is it supposed to be like this?

When I hit the speed of sound my sounds change, and I thought what I was experiencing was normal until I watched some online videos and it doesn't seem to be the same, but these could have had added sound tracks.

When I am in the cockpit and hit the speed of sound the normal sounds switch off and I get some minor sounds, but when I drop back bellow the speed of sound they come back. Now I would assume this is correct because I am going faster than the sound I am creating. This is the same outside I get nothing then a boom as the plane passes (in fly by).

I just want to check this is what is supposed to happen and I am not missing or have some faulty sound files that aren't playing properly. It's very disconcerting above mach 1 because it's so quite and I only know my engines are working because of the dials.

Regards

Paul

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it my game/setup or is it supposed to be like this?

When I hit the speed of sound my sounds change, and I thought what I was experiencing was normal until I watched some online videos and it doesn't seem to be the same, but these could have had added sound tracks.

When I am in the cockpit and hit the speed of sound the normal sounds switch off and I get some minor sounds, but when I drop back bellow the speed of sound they come back. Now I would assume this is correct because I am going faster than the sound I am creating. This is the same outside I get nothing then a boom as the plane passes (in fly by).

I just want to check this is what is supposed to happen and I am not missing or have some faulty sound files that aren't playing properly. It's very disconcerting above mach 1 because it's so quite and I only know my engines are working because of the dials.

Regards

Paul

That's prefect!

At speeds beyond M1.0 the only sound you'll hear in LOFC is the cockpitsystems file! That's what you'll get IRL too! You see, noise of your engines is lagging behind 'cause you're travelling faster than the sound!

So it's nothing to worry about!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's prefect!

At speeds beyond M1.0 the only sound you'll hear in LOFC is the cockpitsystems file! That's what you'll get IRL too! You see, noise of your engines is lagging behind 'cause you're travelling faster than the sound!

So it's nothing to worry about!

Thanks chaps, I assumed that was the case, but I am running Vista so I am used to older games not functioning 100%, just wanted to check.

Cheers

Regards

Paul

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have found (since Vista) that my mechanical sounds are quite low compared to what I recall in XP.

I can't say what LOMAC was like before I played it on Vista but I found if you set all your volumes to 100% you actually get a worse sound scape. At least on my system. Running at 100% I couldn't tell the difference with the cockpit open or closed. Slightly lower setting gives a distinction and better realism.

The lack of distinction (and lack of concentration on my part) caused me once to take off with the cockpit open...oops :pilotfly:

Regards

Paul

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]