Using a Keypad as an Up Front Control Panel

jmig

Since purchasing a Reverb G2, I have found myself thinking of redesigning my cockpit to be more VR friendly. I purchased a set of Thrustmaster MFDs and I am thinking of using a add-on keypad for a UFCP. Is there software that will allow a windows keypad be used to send control button presses as a usb controller? I could then program the keys to send the 0-9 numbers and other key inputs to DCS.

I have seen programs like XPADDER and Joy to Key. However, they make a joystick act like a keyboard. I want to make a keyboard work as joystick buttons. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

John

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2021 at 10:56 PM, jmig said:

Since purchasing a Reverb G2, I have found myself thinking of redesigning my cockpit to be more VR friendly. I purchased a set of Thrustmaster MFDs and I am thinking of using a add-on keypad for a UFCP. Is there software that will allow a windows keypad be used to send control button presses as a usb controller? I could then program the keys to send the 0-9 numbers and other key inputs to DCS.

I have seen programs like XPADDER and Joy to Key. However, they make a joystick act like a keyboard. I want to make a keyboard work as joystick buttons. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

John

Hi. Not exactly what you asked for, but may do the trick. It send key presses (not joy button presses), and if the key combination is not that fancy, works perfectly. http://www.hidmacros.eu/

Saludos.

Saca111