[FIXED] Can Aviodev please include a binding for the Thrustmaster Warthog for off/idle?

v81

As per title, seems a bit silly to not include such a binding for what would be one of the most common applications of the TM Throttle / C101 off/idle.

I suspect I could do this in game files myself but it gets rather annoying to have to mod a bunch of bindings in and then have them lost next update.

So.. Please Aviodev?

Edited by Vibora
  • Like 3

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

Are you running stable or open beta?

I'm running open beta, and am seeing bindings for throttle idle/off for both the EB and CC in the LUAs.

{down = 8014, cockpit_device_id = devices.SYSTEMS, name = _("Throttle Idle Detent Toggle"), category ={_('Left Console'), _('Throttle lever'), _('Flight Control')}},
{down = device_commands.Button_118, cockpit_device_id = devices.SYSTEMS, value_down = 0.5, name = _("Throttle Idle Detent - Idle"), category ={_('Left Console'), _('Throttle lever'), _('Flight Control')}},
{down = device_commands.Button_118, cockpit_device_id = devices.SYSTEMS, value_down = 0.0, name = _("Throttle Idle Detent - Stop"), category ={_('Left Console'), _('Throttle lever'), _('Flight Control')}},

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Munkwolf said:

Are you running stable or open beta?

I'm running open beta, and am seeing bindings for throttle idle/off for both the EB and CC in the LUAs.

{down = 8014, cockpit_device_id = devices.SYSTEMS, name = _("Throttle Idle Detent Toggle"), category ={_('Left Console'), _('Throttle lever'), _('Flight Control')}},
{down = device_commands.Button_118, cockpit_device_id = devices.SYSTEMS, value_down = 0.5, name = _("Throttle Idle Detent - Idle"), category ={_('Left Console'), _('Throttle lever'), _('Flight Control')}},
{down = device_commands.Button_118, cockpit_device_id = devices.SYSTEMS, value_down = 0.0, name = _("Throttle Idle Detent - Stop"), category ={_('Left Console'), _('Throttle lever'), _('Flight Control')}},

Bindings exist, but none to suit the inbuilt off/idle function of the Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle.

For this to work it needs an action for both button down (Stop) and button up (Idle).

Not sure you're aware of the inbuilt functionality of the stop detent in the warthog, disregard if you already are.

The TM Warthog Throttle has 2 buttons, 29 for right throttle and 30 for left, that are pressed and held down when the throttle lever is in the OFF/STOP detent.

The A-10C module uses this to recognise automatically when the throttle lever is moved out of or in to the OFF detent with no other action by the user, replicating the function of the real aircraft.

The Viggen module had this added to it by request and now it's off/idle detent works great with the TM Warthog throttle and similar units.

The Viggen's implementation...

{down = 3004, up= 3005, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINEPANEL, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = "High-pressure fuel valve (HOTAS Cut off)", category = "Motor"},

The A-10CII's implementation...

{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN30'}}	,down = iCommandLeftEngineStop , up = iCommandLeftEngineStart,  name = _('Left Engine Throttle Set OFF') , category = _('Systems')},
{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN29'}}	,down = iCommandRightEngineStop, up = iCommandRightEngineStart, name = _('Right Engine Throttle Set OFF'), category = _('Systems')},

I'm not real good at Lua, but could probably figure out a solution for the C101

• Like 3

I have solved this issue for myself and offer this to anyone interested...

In DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\C-101\Input\C-101EB\joystick\default.lua  (or the equivalent C-101CC directory)

Add the line

{down = device_commands.Button_118, up = device_commands.Button_118, cockpit_device_id = devices.SYSTEMS, value_down = 0.0, value_up = 0.5, name = _("Throttle Detent - HOTAS off/idle"), category ={_('Left Console'), _('Throttle lever'), _('Flight Control')}},

I added mine under the existing section '--Throttle panel'

Now when the throttle is in the off position on the HOTAS it matches in the pit, and when released from off and into the idle position this is also mirrored in the pit.

No button pressed needed (outside the single hidden button in the throttle controller).

A new binding will appear named "Throttle Detent - HOTAS off/idle" which you will bind the sticks off position to (just move the throttle lever into and out of the off detent when binding).

@Vibora Would love to see this make it into the game proper.

Can you or your team please make it happen?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Damn that was quick, much appreciated.

I believe this idle/stop feature is beginning to appear on other moderate to high end throttles now, this is a nice little quality of life feature that a few people will appreciate.

• Like 3

• Vibora changed the title to [FIXED] Can Aviodev please include a binding for the Thrustmaster Warthog for off/idle?