Can´t get AI to attack their designated targets

Eugel

The mission editor is driving me crazy a bit and it looks like I need some help.

So, the mission setup is this:

20210507205137_1.jpg

Friendly infantry is trapped in the town and has to be extracted by helicopters.

To spice things up a bit, I placed a group of BTRs in town and a flight of two A-10 that should attack these with their guns.

I really don´t see what I did wrong here. I set their ROE to "designate only" at WP 0, but even if I remove this, it doesn´t change anything.

At WP 1, they get advanced waypoint action "attack group" GTR Group.

But for some reason, this is what happens: The A-10s spawn after their trigger, then the flight lead ignores his waypoint and target completey and goes for the enemy group in the upper right.

The second A-10 at least flies to waypoint one, but then goes up to about 6000 feet without attacking anything.

They do have full ammunition. The first A-10 does his attack runs on the enemies in the upper right.

I´m sure there is something pretty basic I´m missing here, but I don´t see it 😞

8 hours ago, Eugel said:

To spice things up a bit, I placed a group of BTRs in town and a flight of two A-10 that should attack these with their guns.

At WP 1, they get advanced waypoint action "attack group" GTR Group.

But for some reason, this is what happens: The A-10s spawn after their trigger, then the flight lead ignores his waypoint and target completly and goes for the enemy group in the upper right.

The second A-10 at least flies to waypoint one, but then goes up to about 6000 feet without attacking anything.

They do have full ammunition. The first A-10 does his attack runs on the enemies in the upper right.

1. As a minimum, disable or delete the CAS -a statement in WP0 as this tells the AI it can choose any target it wants that suites a CAS attack anywhere on the map (it has magic range and vision detection) and will ignore all flights waypoints and fly directly to the target it deems suitable, which is usually everything but the one you want it to attack, when all CAS targets are eliminated it will return to WP0 and then follow the rest of your waypoints and attack commands.
  2. Once the CAS -a statement is disabled the 2 ship flight should fly the waypoints and attack the "GTR Group" you have specified at WP1, it is strange how the two A-10 split up like that, I have no answer why, apart from a bug with DCS.
  3. Might want to add the advanced options of "Reaction to threat=Evade Fire" in WP0.
  4. Might want to add the advanced options of "Restrict Jettison=on" in WP0.
  5. With WP1 make sure it is approx 15km or 7-10 miles from target to allow AI to aim in correctly.

• Thanks 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 2 years later...

How do you removed the CAS option?

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.