Radar Auto/Man mode switch no longer works!

Lanlach

This is pretty self explanatory. When I switch from Auto mode to Man, slewing the curser does not change the scanning area (although I can still change the vertical scanning range??), and to make it worse, there is no way to set the scanning area back to default after a target slips out of contact.  I have not played in a while but I remember how this used to work, if this was an intentional change, please LMK what to do instead. If not, PLS FIX!! I'm pretty sure this is a bug because even though I cannot change the setting, it seems to be some where in between the two modes.

I first encountered this issue on the Beta, in multiplayer, on the inferno PVE server. But I later went into single player and the issue is still there...

Edited by Lanlach

The previous behavior was unrealistic. You now have to depress the TDC in MAN to defined a new scan center. If you are in AUTO with an L+S, it'll enter BIAS and move the scan center as much as possible, but keep the L+S in the scan. AUTO is still not working as well as it should, but this was a positive change.

If you do want the scan to always follow the TDC, depress on empty space and hold for 1 sec and it'll go into SPOT mode, where a 22 degree scan will follow the cursor and remain azimuth stabilized. Works in RWS and TWS.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro