HUD filter on/off

Hello,

A search on this topic didn't result in an active bug report already filed, so here goes:

After a long time, I decided to jump into the Ka-50 again, and I noticed that once you pull up the HUD filter (called colour filter in the manual), you can't put it back down again (by mouse clicking) : it doesn't matter where exactly over the lever you hover with the mouse, the pointer doesn't "go active".

To be sure I launched DCS in pancake mode and used the keyboard combination, which works both on and off, but I fly in VR and I don't use a keyboard in my flight setup. At any rate, I should be able to just click it whenever needed, right? I don't want to waste a cyclic button on it.

Thanks!

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS graphics settings

The place you need to click is the same as the original position (of the paddle/lever tip) when the filter was down. So if you brought the filter up, and you want to lower it again you'd need to click slightly higher up than the tip of the paddle. 

In this clip if I were to move the mouse cursor away it would go yellow, and then moving back to that spot near the top of the lever mechanism the HUD filter popup would appear and the cursor turns green. I'm assuming VR would work similarly.

• Like 1

For Black Shark tutorials, visit my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-LgdvOGP3SSNUGVN95b8Bw

17 hours ago, Volk. said:

The place you need to click is the same as the original position (of the paddle/lever tip) when the filter was down.

Yes and no: it only looks that way: the mouse cursor goes green/active when you hover over the lever, but it actually activates off of what's *behind* the lever, not the lever itself. That is what caused the confusion. To lower the HUD filter, I tried clicking on the lever which doesn't work: you need to click on what's *behind* the lever when it's in the UP position. Very strange implementation, but I guess there are reasons for that...

Your clip helped to clear this up, cheers!

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS graphics settings

Also had that issue and had to keep chasing for a cursor to be able to put the filter down.

It could maybe be fixed by allowing you to click anywhere near that region since there isn't anything else there.