Request: jettison cover toggle assignment

john4pap

Is there any hardware flip cover with a toggle impulsion output and not a bistable output??
Yes, Virpil. I can't remember how it works exactly. I believe you can find out more online. If not, let me know.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

I have the Virpil TM-50 throttle, first generation. The red flip cover has two states; Open and closed. The throttle is programmable so it can interpret a switch in state as a button click, but you can also tell it that the open state is like a button being held down all the time.

No, virpil cover switches are natively not toggle impulsion buttons, but bistable ( 1 when closed and 0 when open), and they have also an inverted button programmed from scratch (0 closed, 1 open)

They work perfectly with the M2000-C binds as it is. Here button 15 is lever pushed (jettison ON) which you can do only when cover is open, buttons 13 and 14 are the two opposite buttons triggered by the cover.

image.png

You don't want any toggle bind for cover switches, as if you start in the wrong state, it will be inverted until you manually click the cockpit to resync.

Edited by Kercheiz

The cover switch has ON-OFF-ON positions. When the flip cover is closed the first ON is depressed (programmed as a "switch" in VPC software) and stays depressed as long as the cover is closed. When the cover is lifted the switch moves to the off position (opening the cover in the game, that because it is programmed as a "switch"). Then by pushing the switch you depress the second ON position assigned to "jettison ON".

Do you own a virpil throttle or panel? The switch isn't bistable. And I fail to see how one can have three assignments out of it.

Regarding your last argument, this is true for many other switches.

I own VPC panel #1, a throttle, a base+grip, and pedals. And I know how to use the VPC software...

Yes, the flip switches are ON/OFF/ON. The ON triggered by the cover is associated to two logical buttons, one direct (13), one with inverted mode (14). And if I push the lever it triggers a third logical button (15)

image.png

And these are used as binds as on the previous DCS screenshot.

It then just works exactly as it should regarding the jettison control.

Edited by Kercheiz