2.7 dedicated server client connection issues.

Wood

Hey all hope your all doing well. I’ll get to the point. Although 2.7 is fantastic Leap forward for DCS. It’s giving some major headaches. We operated multiple instances oN windows 2008RT dedicated server. After the release of 2.7 I found that I had to purchase a new server O/S because 2008 RT was considered windows 7 and DCS would not run any long. Huge cost on my end but that’s progress. 
What I noticed during the update was a lot of errors in certain Lua files missing. After clean install of the entire server and DCS. I finally got it running. What we are seeing now there are few members that can see the servers on the web list but can not see the servers with DCS and other members that have no issues whatsoever. Server and clients have the same install. So this poor bugger like me is pulling out his hair to figure out why?  Any help would be appreciated as we’re not getting any younger and hair is getting scarce and you can be damn sure the wife wouldn’t let us pull hers. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like a IPV4/ IPV6 problem. 

Nowadays a lot of internet providers using one IPV4 address for a bunch of people.

The provider maps  request for IPV4 but this workaround brings some problems.

Make shure your server has an IPV6 Address and the guys which cant see the server

should try to connect via IPV6 address this worked for me

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 4:33 AM, Gurke said:

Sounds like a IPV4/ IPV6 problem. 

Nowadays a lot of internet providers using one IPV4 address for a bunch of people.

The provider maps  request for IPV4 but this workaround brings some problems.

Make shure your server has an IPV6 Address and the guys which cant see the server

should try to connect via IPV6 address this worked for me

Thanks for this. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]