Persian Freedom- No labels?

Thanks for creating a Persian Gulf campaign for the A10c, I know a lot of us have been waiting for that. My question is simple, and may be a dumb one... no matter how I set the labels in the options menu (full, abbreviated, etc., I always set mine to abbreviated) all I see are tiny red triangles (blue for the friendlies), nothing identifying the target. Is this by design? I know the campaign is much more strict with ATC procedures, radio commands, etc. Also, I have no F6 weapon release view, no messages informing me the the target was damaged or destroyed (though the red triangle disappears when something is destroyed). Like I asked, is this to make the campaign more realistic, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks again for the campaign!

Edited by Hairless Whisper
spelling

Yep. Some options are locked. I always play campaigns as single missions, so if there are any bugs I can easily continue with the next one. And if I feel the view options are too restricted, I load the mission in the editor, change the options and fly it directly from the editor. So I can play the game as I want and not how the mission creator wants me to.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

16 minutes ago, tintifaxl said:

Yep. Some options are locked. I always play campaigns as single missions, so if there are any bugs I can easily continue with the next one. And if I feel the view options are too restricted, I load the mission in the editor, change the options and fly it directly from the editor. So I can play the game as I want and not how the mission creator wants me to.

Thanks for the tip, at least now I know I wasn't doing something wrong.

2 hours ago, Hairless Whisper said:

Thanks for creating a Persian Gulf campaign for the A10c, I know a lot of us have been waiting for that. My question is simple, and may be a dumb one... no matter how I set the labels in the options menu (full, abbreviated, etc., I always set mine to abbreviated) all I see are tiny red triangles (blue for the friendlies), nothing identifying the target. Is this by design? I know the campaign is much more strict with ATC procedures, radio commands, etc. Also, I have no F6 weapon release view, no messages informing me the the target was damaged or destroyed (though the red triangle disappears when something is destroyed). Like I asked, is this to make the campaign more realistic, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks again for the campaign!

Hi, thanks for the purchase!  Yes this is all intentional and down to what settings I set in the editor.  Mainly influenced by my design choice and how I try to balance the difficulty/realism, good advice above if you want to revert these settings and do it a different way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1