Still unable to properly land the Gazelle, but...

lwalter

... after training a while with the (speedy) Gazelle, I have never been doing so well with all the other helicopters (UH1H, Mi8, Ka50). Now, I can hover and land them with ease (well almost 🙂 ) including on small landing spots. I was never able to do that before!

Now, I hope I can do the same the Gazelle someday...

• Like 3

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

• 1 month later...

The main problem in this is the Gazelle is so much lower than the others.  
You keep thinking you should be down when you aren't, and relaxing attention on the hover or how much you're dropping collective.  
Being much closer to the rotor hub you're also inside the IGE envelope for a relatively longer time, making your collective inputs more important.