Ability to disable country dependency of Units

Thadeyus

It would be grate to disable the Country dependency for Units in the ME. I know you could always use some generic factions but if i like to switch the alliance of countrys in Mission building quite a lot.

For example Syria recived some SA-10 from Russia but its not posible to place them as Syrian SA-10 in the ME. There are also a lot of utillity vehicles missing in some countrys.
It would be a lot easyer to disable the dependency than to manualy edit them, if this is even Possible.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Thadeyus said:

It would be grate to disable the Country dependency for Units in the ME. I know you could always use some generic factions but if i like to switch the alliance of countrys in Mission building quite a lot.

For example Syria recived some SA-10 from Russia but its not posible to place them as Syrian SA-10 in the ME. There are also a lot of utillity vehicles missing in some countrys.
It would be a lot easyer to disable the dependency than to manualy edit them, if this is even Possible.

I agree that currently we are unnecessarily limited in unit placement due to strict country settings, preventing creativity from the mission designer.

In addition, each country should also have a second "civilian" faction.

E.g.

Syria = Red Force

Syria-civilian = Neutral

This way you could for instance place some Syrian-civilian cars around your target and penalty the player when they are accidentally destroyed.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 months later...
On 6/8/2021 at 8:04 AM, Thadeyus said:

yeah, try to place infantry... its all units. on custom missions it should be free to choose imo. its a game in the end.

It's easy with Lua, as you can spawn any unit as belonging to any country; if you mean 'can you give ME-users access to this ability by using a Lua hack': probably, but I've never tried it. You'll have to find the ME-bound Lua script that assigns the countries to units, and then alter that.

Edited by cfrag

On 8/25/2021 at 12:57 PM, cfrag said:

It's easy with Lua, as you can spawn any unit as belonging to any country; if you mean 'can you give ME-users access to this ability by using a Lua hack': probably, but I've never tried it. You'll have to find the ME-bound Lua script that assigns the countries to units, and then alter that.

I have not seen any solution documentated, perhaps you have something as you seem to know how it's possible?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 1:05 PM, cfrag said:

Oh, it's documented: coalition.addGroup() can spawn any group (consisting of any units) for any country. As I said, you need Lua for that (in a mission's DoScrip Action, will not help with ME). Editing DCS Lua sources to alter a unit's country dependency in ME I haven't done, and also have never tried to do.

That's not what I want, I want to set the units in the ME not switch factions afterwards. I think you don't understand that, I want to place for example a GERMAN Su-25T in the ME - not a GEORGIAN/RUSSIAN ... that switches sides after start.... understood?

I pointed out a thing that is not implemented, and could imo be only done by lua editing (if one knows which lua).

If you don't have a solution, ok - thanks for your try 😉