Question on audio Dacs?

Ok so in the Vive Pro 2 thread in discussing audio solutions, getting an audio dac was mentioned.

I hate to say that is all new to me.

I did a search and saw several results listed for dacs. 

I am wondering if one of those might be better for me?

A little background. I have always preferred running earbuds either to my VR headset audio jack or more preferably now to my onboard Creative sound jack for my motherboard.  I have owned Rift, Rift S, Quest, Index, and soon (tomorrow) I will have  the new Vive Pro 2. 

I prefer the earbuds as it does great isolating ambient noise and I feel more immersed in the game that way. Plus by using my onboard Creative sound I have all kinds of adjustments I can make to get the sound where I like it best.

Now it has been mentioned I could get a Dac and plug it into the Vive Pro 2 headset USB-c port. Would this method give me as good or maybe even better audio than I am currently getting with my setup? I enjoy deep rich sound with good bass. So one can just plug a dac into a usb port and automatically have audio? Would I have access for adjustments to audio?

Thanks for any tips, I am truly a dummy on this.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|