DCS lua Export for RWR and eHSI

Sharknoir

Hello,

I am lucky to have created my cockpit with more or less real instruments most of the time.

With the DCS export, I was able to recover almost all the variables except for the RWR and the eHSI.

For the RWR, i found how to export the symbols, but i can’t find how to export the position of these on the RWR.

For the eHSI, I'm looking for the 'desired heading', the 'bearing to beacon', etc.

i tried "LoGetControlPanel_HSI" but it doesn't work

How to recover this data or make it available ?

Thanks

On 6/15/2021 at 4:51 PM, Sharknoir said:

Hello,

I am lucky to have created my cockpit with more or less real instruments most of the time.

With the DCS export, I was able to recover almost all the variables except for the RWR and the eHSI.

For the RWR, i found how to export the symbols, but i can’t find how to export the position of these on the RWR.

For the eHSI, I'm looking for the 'desired heading', the 'bearing to beacon', etc.

i tried "LoGetControlPanel_HSI" but it doesn't work

How to recover this data or make it available ?

Thanks

The RWR only shows symbols if you export them. The only "working" way to display a full RWR is to use a program called Helios, iirc 

I assume that you already created a monitor file

For the eHSI, go to your monitor setup file (where you want to export it) "This PC/..../User/Your Name/Saved Games/DCS/Config/Monitorsetup" and add this line:

EHSI =
{
x = 790;
y = 650;
width = 350;
height = 350;

After that, you need to adjust the above numbers to your preferred size and location you want them on your screen (this is from my monitor file, so it might be wrong for you)

Let me know, if this above method works

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

Thanks for reply, but i am not trying to visually export the eHSI or the RWR.

I have had copies of real instruments for a long time that i use on other simulators.

I don't want to change themt.

I'm looking for the variables that will allow me to reuse them.

I found someone but i miss others.

For eHSI i would find :

- HSI_VAL_DISTANCE_TO_BEACON
 - HSI_VAL_BEARING_TO_BEACON

- HSI_VAL_DESIRED_HEADING

But for F-16 DCS,

I am afraid that some variables do not work : LoGetControlPanel_HSI.

For information, I use them for my cockpit :

IMG_5103.jpgIMG_4633.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to answer me

now i see what you mean 😁

i haven't got the experience with instruments (although i hope to build my own pit someday 😇

Are those instruments seen as little screens? 

Maybe "Helios" can still help you

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

You will have to wait until Martin makes software for DCS too. Acutal he does it for BMS, and it works perfect there. All lights, switchts, dispalys and so on can be done...

In DCS there you do not hav any soloution like that, just a lot of single stuff that gets complex and complicate with each display you add more 😞

But you can not use those instruments as normal screens, because they aren`t. There must be a soloution in future.. but I think DCS itself does not really support a good copckpit buildung.

For small example... in "the bad sim that is not allowed to name here", you have all data from your plane (flight data, light status, switch status, all gauges information, ICP, DED, RWR data and all that stuff in a fix adressed area of the memory. So everyone can go there and pick this data up and use it for the pit software. Data like MFD information can be extractet local or via network within a few clicks. It has everything build in for use.

DCS does not have this tools available. It is much harder to get data, you have to be avfraid after each update that all is mixed up and so on... 

I don´t know if there ever will be a useful support, but I do not believe so. 😞 

Edited by Cupra

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06

It is a pity that some planes have all the variables for export and for others ...

I am wondering if the variable naming of "LoGetControlPanel_HSI" would not be different on the F-16. Anyone know how to find them?

I saw that sometimes it is ADF or ADF_RAW etc ... for other planes

• 2 years later...

Hello and happy new year.
Is it possible to expect script export of eHSI components like ADI in 2024?
So that those who have a real HSI can interface it with DCS like other F-16 simulator?
And the icing on the cake, the same for the RWR?
Thanks in advance.