Mission 8 / wingman orders

I can't understand wingman, why is he replying with "unable" when I give him orders to attack air defenses? I tried both generic engage and specific, with maverick or bombs... Sometimes he confirms, but few seconds later he says "rejoin" and nothing... I even tried SPI broadcast, also not helping. But in some earlier try it did work, I don't understand why, is there some trigger or is there some DCS thing that I'm missing, some condition needs to be met that he engages?

Frustrating, he sees AA targets through the clouds but can't attack. I see videos on youtube that people did the mission using laser guided rockets... How to do it with default loadout? 🙂

Hey, this has been a problem with the AI for a long time  and it seems to be worse than before. In my newer campaigns I completely ditched the AI wingman and use separate flights for that role. You have less options, but at least those you have work. Here it would require a LOT of work (rebuilding missions, tons of voiceovers), so I won't be going that road, hoping that ED will address this..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

49 minutes ago, baltic_dragon said:

Hey, this has been a problem with the AI for a long time  and it seems to be worse than before. In my newer campaigns I completely ditched the AI wingman and use separate flights for that role. You have less options, but at least those you have work. Here it would require a LOT of work (rebuilding missions, tons of voiceovers), so I won't be going that road, hoping that ED will address this..

Well said 

F-14 | F-15 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AV-8B | A-10 |

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

RYZEN 5 1400 | GTX 1050 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 1TB HDD| Track IR | TM T16000M FCS HOTAS | TM TFRP Rudder :pilotfly: