"Force feedback" of mig-21 does not work

SASHIBA-11

How doesn't it work?

EDIT: Just tested. The effects aren't really great I'll admit. Way better in some modules. Who knows what's real though. But the stick will follow the trim.
If there are issues, remember to swap axis in the FFB tune settings.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I am interested in buying a FFB2 for the mig alone, and it is great that the stick follows the trimmer.  

Does it also provide resistance against pulling G as well? For example, the back stick force required to pull 4 G should be double the amount needed for 2 G. At least that’s how it is supposed to work in the real aircraft; stick force needed to pull a unit of G is constant and does not vary with speed. 

Otherwise I am not interested in arcade style FFB vibrations that do not exist in this aircraft. Why do you guys seem to be disappointed or not impressed by the Mig-21’s FFB?

Edited by Maxthrust

I am interested in buying a FFB2 for the mig alone, and it is great that the stick follows the trimmer.  

Does it also provide resistance against pulling G as well? For example, the back stick force required to pull 4 G should be double the amount needed for 2 G. At least that’s how it is supposed to work in the real aircraft; stick force needed to pull a unit of G is constant and does not vary with speed. 

Otherwise I am not interested in arcade style FFB vibrations that do not exist in this aircraft. Why do you guys seem to be disappointed or not impressed by the Mig-21’s FFB?
I'm not a real pilot and never even seen a MiG-21 (but I've seen Pakistani MiGs in flight though ), so I of course don't know what to expect. Maybe they're completely on spot.
How do expect it to behave when you stall?
It's a serious question.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Stall? When did you stall in the Mig-21 last lol? The thing is practically stall and spin proof, but the white vertical line in the middle of the instrument panel is to help pilot to visually neutralize the ailerons for spin recovery. All control surfaces are hydraulically boosted so probably very little feedback from the stick if any during a stall or spin, but I don't know for sure either. 

Also it doesn't have a stick shaker or pusher which would be super annoying in the middle of a fight; you are free to throw it around any way you like, just watch out for the G; that's where the FFB supposed to help imo.

Edited by Maxthrust
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Maxthrust said:

Stall? When did you stall in the Mig-21 last lol? The thing is practically stall and spin proof, but the white vertical line in the middle of the instrument panel is to help pilot to visually neutralize the ailerons for spin recovery. All control surfaces are hydraulically boosted so probably very little feedback from the stick if any during a stall or spin, but I don't know for sure either. 

Also it doesn't have a stick shaker or pusher which would be super annoying in the middle of a fight; you are free to throw it around any way you like, just watch out for the G; that's where the FFB supposed to help imo.

HAHA! One of the things I first try on a module is to push it to the limit, to see how and what the FFB response is. So yes, try to stall it is usually #1!

I guess your answer pretty much makes it clear that the FFB effects on the MiG-21 is actually very well implemented. 😊

And you gave me a great idea. Ill try to get hold of a Newton meter. Then I can really test it!

Thanks!