Cloud Position Randomization

I know that the new clouds are only implemented at the most basic level and that there are improvements to come, but one thing that currently sticks out about the presets is that clouds are always in the same location when running a mission. If you run a mission with clouds more than once you can start to memorize the position of clouds and this takes away from some of the challenges/issues of dealing with poor weather.

I want to know if clouds will remain this deterministic in the future, of if it's possible to introduce some element of randomness that will change cloud positions in a mission even if the mission weather settings aren't changed.

Thanks

• Like 3

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I do believe that the clouds, either preset or dynamic weather, are intended to move with the wind. It’s hard to say if the clouds will always start in the same shape and same spot on mission start. It depends on how the clouds are created. The current implementation would imply that the clouds are not built dynamically, considering they are always the same shape. At the very least, we can expect that weather presets and dynamic weather will both have moving clouds. Creating a weather preset randomization would be neat, though it’s possible that the dynamic weather is meant to be the “randomizer”.

Edited by HalasKor
Further fleshing out

Aircraft:

A-10C|A-10C II|AV-8B N/A|AJS-37|F-14|F-15E|F-16C|F/A-18C|FC3|P-51D

KA-50|Mi-24P|SA-342|UH-1H|AH-64D

Terrains:

Syria|Persian Gulf|Normandy|NTTR|Sinai

New clouds are just the first step of the upcoming new weather system. As you may have noticed, precipitations have disappeared some weeks ago, most probably because new rain and new snow are in the making (see the latest trailer). Then we'll have new lightnings and clouds will move with the wind.

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.