Cannot add or edit sound files on triggers.

Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

The "sound to all" effect file browser prompt to pick a sound file to play never appears as you can see in the video. I should mention it also doesn't work for any of the other "play sound" effect permutations.

So far I have tried restarting the game and my computer, and running the dcs installer cleanup and repair commands from powershell (with the full check all files mode). But I still can't edit or create new sound triggers. Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

• Solution

Rename the /Saved Games/DCS/MissionEditor/ folder, for example set it to /Saved Games/DCS/MissionEditor.bak/  .. this will let DCS re-create your mission editor settings to default values, which will solve the problem if it was caused by a wrong setting.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 months later...
On 7/8/2021 at 8:59 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Rename the /Saved Games/DCS/MissionEditor/ folder, for example set it to /Saved Games/DCS/MissionEditor.bak/  .. this will let DCS re-create your mission editor settings to default values, which will solve the problem if it was caused by a wrong setting.

@Rudel_chwI have the same problem as @Austin_Squid, I was working on the start of a mission and tried to add a .ogg file that did not work in DCS. After that I could not use the SOUND TO ALL function. When I went back to change another file I got what you see in the picture. Did the fix as you suggested with no luck, still the same problem. Did a full repair, still get the same result. Also when I now run the mission the sound I had originally used does not run and is not in the MIZ file

sound problem.jpg

f18 test.miz

Edited by Minijohn
clarifying a statement

As a follow up to my previous post, I manually imported the .ogg file into the .miz file this fixed the second problem i showed in the picture, but still have exactly the same problem as the original poster. I have included the modified .miz file. I have tried other .miz file with the same result

f18 test v1.1.miz

Edited by Minijohn

33 minutes ago, Minijohn said:

After that I could not use the SOUND TO ALL function. When I went back to change another file I got what you see in the picture.

hello.

i’ve had that problem before, my workaround is to delete the action line "sound to all" and then add it anew (also changing the action to "sound to group" and then back to "sound to all" works).

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

In one of my missions I noticed that the sound quit working.

When I checked it out this is what I found:

Sound 01.gif

When it should have looked more like:

Sound 02.gif

I was not sure what happened or really what to do.  So I eventually tried changing the ACTION from SOUND TO COALITION to SOUND TO COUNTRY and then back again.  When I did this the COALITION changed from BLUE to RED so I changed it back to BLUE.  The ACTION seemed to fix itself instantly.  After doing that, I checked some others and the problem seemed to mend itself altogether.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Caldera

Similar issue I believe.  I have a mission I am implementing some logic in. It is a run once. When I do the Do Script File and click on the Open button I get a browse window to select the file and that works fine. The next piece of the logic is I'm trying to do a Sound to Country, and am able to pick the country, but when I click the Open button I do NOT get a browser window to select the sound file. Nor am I able to manually enter the path to the file. I have run a DCS Open Beta repair but that has not helped. I tried making a brand new mission and adding this logic in first just in case the previous mission file was corrupted somehow but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.