Mission 10, how to setup JDAMS for multiple bombs per rack?

Hi,

I'm trying without success to setup JDAM bombs to hit all the 4 targets in PP mode but looks like there is something wrong due the fact that we have 2 bombs per rack, or at least this is what I think.

I'm using the normal procedure:

1) Set MFUZ -> Inst on both stations (3 and 7).

2) Set release mode MAN on both stations.

3) Enter JDAM page -> QTY then select stations 3 e 7 ( here Rel QTY says 2 and not 4!!)

4) Enter MSN page and inserting coordinates for targets 1 e 2 for PP1...

5) At this point when I press STEP PP2 is selected instead of the 3rd JDAM for PP1...

What I'm doing wrong?

Edited by LordOrion

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

• LordOrion changed the title to Mission 10, how to setup JDAMS for multiple bombs per rack?

As far as I'm aware it is not possible to release more JDAMs on a simultaneous mission than there are stations which have JDAM. Your case of two stations with four bombs would mean a maximum simultaneous launch of two.

By preplanning the PP1 mission for station A and B for targets 1 and 2 and PP2 mission for stations A and B for targets 3 and 4 the process of dropping against all four targets is relatively fast. Between the first and second release both stations A and B would have to be changed from PP1 to PP2.

4 hours ago, Frederf said:

As far as I'm aware it is not possible to release more JDAMs on a simultaneous mission than there are stations which have JDAM. Your case of two stations with four bombs would mean a maximum simultaneous launch of two.

By preplanning the PP1 mission for station A and B for targets 1 and 2 and PP2 mission for stations A and B for targets 3 and 4 the process of dropping against all four targets is relatively fast. Between the first and second release both stations A and B would have to be changed from PP1 to PP2.

Ok, got it.

I will try this way.

Thank you!

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

• 6 months later...

I'm at this mission and haven't started yet - the briefing says to use the bombs in PP mode. But wouldn't it be easier to create waypoints for each of the targets so that I can see them in the ATFLIR, the pickle one at a time while changing waypoints between each? It seems that I can designate a target with a waypoint which will slave both the pod and bomb to that specific waypoint, but if I program into the bomb in PP mode, I can't go the other way in order to verify that I'm dropping it on the right target.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

• 1 month later...

I think the easiest option is to set up your JDAMs as follow with single release:

PP1 STA8 (TGT1)
PP2 STA8 (TGT2)

PP1 STA2 (TGT3)
PP2 STA2 (TGT4)

So the correct release sequence is : PP1, PP1 for target 1 and 3, and PP2, PP2 for target 2 and 4 . It's quite easy to mix up and release two bombs on the same target , so make sure you don't squeeze too hard the weapon release button. I struggled a bit to do it right but as I did it that way yesterday, it went well.