Some might think this is nuts, but for some of us....

Gentoo87

3 hours ago, draconus said:

btw: There is something money can buy - better workers.

Problems on the production lines???

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

On 7/26/2021 at 8:46 PM, Gentoo87 said:

Wow this turned into quite the conversation. 

My idea was to open a portal to contribution from fans/consumers to provide additional spending money to ED's bottom line; not having anything to do with manipulating there time line. 

The newsletter mention was a half spirited joke to send me a piece of paper on where the extra money is going not by the contributors design, more like a fluff piece on thanks for your contribution here is what where doing with it. 

Seems like some have received the idea of it's purpose in accelerating content production and distribution by giving them more money to spend from people who really love and appreciate this project be it by those who have purchased everything or those who just choose to. 

What none of my intentions have to do with is becoming a decision maker in any way shape or form. Either way regardless of money ED would never let it happen; they have their plan. Nor trying to obtain free stuff; why call it a contribution when by this definition it merely becomes another form of trade? 

From what I gather in this string of posts, not many wish to contribute to ED's bottom line outside of purchasing modules, and donating/contributing to their bottom line as a fan/investor seems to be quite out of line. Wish this made sense in my head somewhere but it doesn't. Thank you for all of your thoughts and points of view. 

The issue was the word subscription, as people don't want to see DCS go to a subscription based model. I think you really want something like Patreon which is differnt than a subscription. That might be a good idea, Eagle could do special events, offers and I think DCS T-shirts might be a good idea too

• Like 1