Ability to use any Search Radar/EWR within a SAM group, as a source for the Tracking Radar.

Shadow KT

Currently, if you are not using the specifically labeled as the SR for that type of SAM unit in a SAM group, your track radar for your SA-2/3/10/11 will not function, except on its default bearing.

These two things are highly limiting and not realistic. If you have the information from any kind of source, be it someone telling your TR over the radio, that: Hey, we've picked up a contact this bearing it should react.

So if I pair an EWR with an SA-3, or a P-19 with an SA-11, or a Tin Shield with an SA-10, the SAM group should still function properly. 

If you want, you can give it some sort of time penalty of some seconds to try and simulate slower information transfer. But there are nations out there, which use different SR with different SAMs and they don't have any problems. 

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I agree. With both.

There may be some communications delays, however computer systems can bridge those gaps (and clearly do). From my own personal knowledge, a lightweight, man-portable short-range search radar of US origin was tied in with a system that cued a European SHORAD missile system, doing so more or less automatically - despite the three systems very clearly not being developed to operate together and yet were made to do so. I can't comment on the effectiveness in war-time, but it worked during testing and on exercise.

Likewise, any search radar could be used as an EWR/GCI radar. This could be a setting in the 'Set Options' menu of the asset in question.