would you be interested if ED change the AI bombers into FC3 aircraft

ustio

would you like the AI bomber to be FC3 aircraft  

15 members have voted

1. 1. JU-88, A-20, B-17 for FC3

• yes
    • no

I feel there is something missing in WW2 DCS when you can't control a bomber. However I understand that it would take a lot of effort and resource to make a full fidelity. so having the current AI to be flyable as an FC3 included in the WW2 asset pack seems like a fair middle ground.

what do you think?

• Like 2

Yes, though I would prefer full-fidelity, though FC3 is a good interim.

The only issue is that ED will have to make a high-fidelity flight model for them, as well as a cockpit. They also seem to have moved past doing simplified aircraft.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I don't think it's the correct path for ED to take. Making those planes FC3 would require too much work from them like modeling the cockpit and all the systems like hydraulic and electrical and do the flight model and so on. At that point the only thing that's left to make it to make it full fidelity is to make the switches work and while I am not saying that's easy work it's nothing compared to modeling the rest of the systems. In general I don't see any reason to have FC3 WWII planes.

What I would personally like to see is the increase of AI aircraft so we can have more variety. I want to see the C-47 and B-24 B-25 and B-29. Also Ju-87 Ju-52 and He-111. Where are the British bombers like the Lancaster and the gliders that took part in D-Day?

I see these as more important than being able to fly aircraft that need multiple people and multiple planes flying in formation to be used effectively.

• Like 3

I think all of the suggestions here are good. I would certainly like to see more AI aircraft, but adding some WWII craft to the FC3 lineup would also be very appealing. It is not just about the work that ED would have to do, because it doesn't matter what they do, the work would have to be done. But too me it is also about the user experience. If I look at other WWII competitor SIMS with more simplified planes, I see there is a time and place for everything. And sometimes you just want that.

• Like 1