Wrong waypoint number

vctpil
Go to solution Solved by Yurgon,

Hi,

When I use numbers to name a waypoint, the A-10C automatically add a unit to this waypoint, either in FLT PLAN or MISSION.

In my example, the waypoint name T6414 in the ME display T6415 in the HUD. See track in attached.

Thanks,

Vincent

Screen_210821_104713.png

Wrong WP Number.trk

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

• Solution

Nice one, took me a bit to figure it out. 😉

The thing is, you have an initial point object named T6414, and you have a waypoint also named T6414.

In DCS, initial point objects are stored in the A-10C's navigation system as preset or predefined or system waypoints. Now if you add a waypoint with the same name, the aircraft's internal database needs to be able to differentiate between these two. The way DCS seems to handle it is to add a number to the extra waypoint, so in your mission, if you'd named it "SARAH" then the waypoint would become "SARAH1", and if it ends in a number, DCS increments that number to the next one that's available, to "T6414" becomes "T6415".

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a way of setting up a flight plan with named waypoints that correspond to initial point objects and share the same name, unless you use "Prepare Mission" and set up the flight plan in the CDU itself.

But there are many workarounds, like naming the waypoint "WPT6414" or whatever else you can think of, as long as its name is unique.

Does that make sense?

• Like 3