Oxygen Pressure Indicator

enigma6584

So I've been having fun and making missions with the JF-17.  I've made some rather long range missions where I travel quite a ways to the AO, patrol some and then head back to base.  Fuel is no problem because I can always Air-2-Air refuel from a strategically placed tanker.  But, I've noticed that I've really cut it close getting back to base just in time before I run out of Oxygen Pressure.

When you begin a mission, the Oxygen Pressure Indicator always starts out at about 2200 psi but if you look at the indicator, there is still a large area of green one could presumably still use, up to something like 2700 psi.  Is there anyway to up the amount of Oxygen Pressure?  If I could, I'd still have enough to loiter longer in the AO instead of having to get back to base.

Any of you experienced this?  Any thoughts or ideas on the issue?

5 hours ago, Foogle said:

Just a guess, but, the indicator may be an off the shelf part, so the maximum on the gauge is not the maximum of the system, because it's not purpose built for the aircraft. 

Good point.  I understand this is a short-range fighter so I guess I'll have to carefully think about range when creating the missions.  IIRC, the original versions of the JF-17 did not have Air-2-Air refueling probe, that came later with upgrades to the aircraft.  Perhaps the Developer of DCS JF-17 can provide an upgrade to the Oxygen system to match the new-found ranges with respect to Air-2-Air refueling.  🙂