Radio Direction Finding

Charly_Owl

Loads of great stuff in this thread. I’ve been experimenting again with these sets, nothing deep, I’m still brand new to it. Must’ve spent an hour baffled as to what I’d done wrong only to find I needed to put a 0.25 instead of just a 25 in the frequency range. Might’ve sussed it if I’d have found this thread then. Won’t be stepping forward to lead any PFF night trips for a while yet.

Bookmarking for future reference. Great info, cheers all.

12 hours ago, Slippa said:

Loads of great stuff in this thread. I’ve been experimenting again with these sets, nothing deep, I’m still brand new to it. Must’ve spent an hour baffled as to what I’d done wrong only to find I needed to put a 0.25 instead of just a 25 in the frequency range.

Same here. There laks of serious documentation of Transmitter (especially) and Receiver. Also I'm still finding a wonders like these:

• Like 1

Yep, that's about the most helpful tutorial I found on it all. Cheers Reflected.

Hasn't stopped me confusing myself of course. I just had another 'quick flight' (as if such a thing existed). I've plotted three vehicles transmitting different signals on different frequencies in top secret locations. I didn't even tell myself. They're that well hidden, or the signals are being scrambled so well, that I must've hypnotised myself into a trance-like oblivion and forgotten the frequencies 🤫. I locked in on one and flew about quite happily dancing with the needles. Sunrise, UV lights on and twiddle the knob to light up the dancefloor. :joystick:

I'm having a great time experimenting with it all. More flying practice too while orbiting about.

Snap Views... That's about the most useful advice I could offer with this. Snap Views are essential for me, dealing with the sets in the back isn't such a mess now. I just have to drum the buttons into my head a bit.

19 hours ago, Slippa said:

Yep, that's about the most helpful tutorial I found on it all. Cheers Reflected.

Hasn't stopped me confusing myself of course. I just had another 'quick flight' (as if such a thing existed). I've plotted three vehicles transmitting different signals on different frequencies in top secret locations. I didn't even tell myself. They're that well hidden, or the signals are being scrambled so well, that I must've hypnotised myself into a trance-like oblivion and forgotten the frequencies 🤫. I locked in on one and flew about quite happily dancing with the needles. Sunrise, UV lights on and twiddle the knob to light up the dancefloor. :joystick:

I'm having a great time experimenting with it all. More flying practice too while orbiting about.

Snap Views... That's about the most useful advice I could offer with this. Snap Views are essential for me, dealing with the sets in the back isn't such a mess now. I just have to drum the buttons into my head a bit.

I'm flying only as navigator :-). Works perfectly 🙂 . Find yourself a company to fly and play. Usually there's lot more fun these way.

Edited by 303_Kermit