FARP - Equipment to run it?

cfrag

I'm trying to set up a mission that, upon capturing a FARP, will re-generate the required equipment for the side that captured it by re-spawning the units with 150m of the FARP's center. 

Now, page 313 of the Manual (EN 2020, most recent I found) states in a nice table the units that are required. Somewhat ambiguous, butI take what I can. 

Problem is: most of these units do not exist, or stupid me can't find them. I need the TypeString for each of the units listed in the documentation below:

image.png

After some research I think that APC M1025's Type String is "Hummer" and it's now called something like "LUV HMMVW Jeep" 

The M818 seems to be replaced with "Truck M939 Heavy" - TypeString "M 818"

The M978 seems to be "M978 HEMTT Tanker" Type String "M978 HEMTT Tanker"

ATMZ-5 seems to be "Refueler ATMZ-5" TypeString "ATMZ-5"

KAMAZ 43101 seems to be "Truck KAMAZ 43101" TypeString "KAMAZ Truck"

As to the rest, I have no idea. That CP SKP-11? Never seen it, don't know where to look. [EDIT: Type String "SKP-11"] Same for the "GPU ...". Also unclear to me: do I have to add all of those ground units, or is it sufficient to add one of each category to serve all aircraft? Can I mix Red and Blue units? Can I refuel a Blue Mi 24 with a Blue HEMTT? When I spawn a HEMTT as red, can it refuel a red Mi24? [to be more to the point: can a unit like HEMTT only refuel a specific set of units, or can it refuel all helicopters and VTOL in range?]

More importantly: Is there any kind soul that can provide me with an updated list of TypeStrings (so I can spawn in Lua) for the required services?  And tell me what actually is (minimally) required to provide all services from a FARP if I do not use static objects?

Thank you so much for any pointers.

-ch

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One unit of each type for each category.

Blue: 2 x "M 818" (Ground power, ammo), 1 x "M978 HEMTT Tanker" (fuel), 1 x "Hummer" (comms)

As for red, the GPU is "ZiL-131 APA-80" but I'm not 100% sure on the other goodies off the top of my head.

Edited by feefifofum

5 minutes ago, feefifofum said:

One unit of each type for each category.

Blue: 2 x "M 818" (Ground power, ammo), 1 x "HEMTT TFFT" (fuel), 1 x "Hummer" (comms)

As for red, the GPU is "ZiL-131 APA-80" but I'm not 100% sure on the other goodies off the top of my head.

Is the chart above still accurate except for new unit names in mission editor?

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 minutes ago, cfrag said:

Uh, are you sure about that one? That's a firefighter truck in my version of DCS...?

Must be for the fuels guy smoking and dropping his cigarette ... boy, the realism of DCS is astounding. 😉

• Like 2

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I tried to use the UH-IH on a FARP with all elements required, but I can't get the heli to rearm of refuel.

The M818 does not exist anymore, maybe it is the reason? Anybody has an issue with the FARP now?

Thanks,

Vincent

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

Hey @vctpil,

this thread has indeed discussed the issue. Currently, FARPS work, and the M 818 is still called that in the Type string (which is used to spawn in Lua), but called "Truck M 939 Heavy" in ME. If you read the posts above, you may also find other interesting details that can help you spawn FARPs yourself (for red and blue).

That being said, you can also place the static FARP objects for ammo and fuel, and then can refuel and rearm as well.

• 2 months later...

@cfrag ,

Another question for you; Can the FARP be scripted? Not just the vehicles but also the helipad itself?

Last time I read about this, it could not be done but that was discussions dating 2-3 years ago and since DCS updated, perhaps you found new "options?

CTLD can build FOB but not FARP as far as I know.

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

7 hours ago, strikers_blade said:

Can the FARP be scripted? Not just the vehicles but also the helipad itself?

I guess the answer to that is: let's find out! 🙂 - what exactly do you want to script, i.e. what is it that you want to achieve, and we can see if and how it can be done.

Very simple in fact: Be able to build a standard FARP with refuel, re-arm and CARGO capabilities. 

As of now, the code allow a FOB to be built and it gives you the cargo feature (CTLD in the menu RADIO - Thanks to Ciribob/Moose) , not the re-arm and refuel features though. So you would think having the other vehicles like the M939, HEMTT, etc would get the job done but it doesn't .

So I thought about being able to cargo a "FARP" unit but apparently, it is not that simple because of the frequencies and other FARP related features.

This is where I am now...digging for more information 🙂

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD