Viacom Pro Hot Release button not functioning as required

HvanE

When selecting Release Hot, while keeping VoiceAttack in a listing state all PTT comms are blocked (i.a.w. No transmission go out and no confirmation beep is heard)..

Appreciate suggestions to make the HotMic work as intended (great feature).

Murdok.

Edited by HvanE
Grammatical error.

When selecting Release Hot, while keeping VoiceAttack in a listing state all PTT comms are blocked (i.a.w. No transmission go out and no confirmation beep is heard)..

Appreciate suggestions to make the HotMic work as intended (great feature).

Murdok.
Hmmm
Long time I tried this. Are you sure this is supposed to work?
I have the rel/hot checked, but that's only for VoiceAttack commands and AIRIO.
What does the manual say?
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Indeed, HotMic is only for VA commands and when checked works perfectly. Unfortunately when checked it blocks all outgoing VAICOM PTT transmissions. The manual implies this should not happen..

Regards.

• Like 1

Just happened to be reading the manual and noticed this note in the "New in this Version" section at the top.

I don't fly the F14 so not sure what this means..

Tomcat pilots’ reminder: from plugin version 2.5.23 onwards to enable/disable ICS Hot Mic you must use the in-cockpit switch; selecting hot mic in the configuration window is no longer applicable

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

Indeed, HotMic is only for VA commands and when checked works perfectly. Unfortunately when checked it blocks all outgoing VAICOM PTT transmissions. The manual implies this should not happen..

Regards.
Do you have debug enabled in the VAICOM control panel?
And what's in the VA log?
It's working fine for me, so it's probably some minor issue.
Did it just stop working?

Thank you, I’ll follow up on your suggestion and enable Debug and check the log.

I have only recently installed VAICOM Pro and had not activated the HotMic until recently.

I’ll keep you posted.

• Like 1

That's odd. Any audio redirection going on?
Have you turned off text? If yes, I suggest you turn it on again until you have figured out the audio.
Can't remember if there is a volume knob on the F-5, but I struggled a lot in the Mig-19 at first, until I discovered that radio volume is off when cold starting.

Thanks, I’ll give it a go..

Also noticed the following showing up on VA  “.. will generate a red log message stating “the command … etc”., which is puzzling because I do use the PTT to transmit same.

thanks for You assistance. Much appreciated.

340576B5-030E-4DB7-91ED-49A7807BD111.jpeg

Thanks, I’ll give it a go..

Also noticed the following showing up on VA  “.. will generate a red log message stating “the command … etc”., which is puzzling because I do use the PTT to transmit same.

thanks for You assistance. Much appreciated.
340576B5-030E-4DB7-91ED-49A7807BD111.thumb.jpeg.7d1a78eb3b6ef7adc053817a20064b1f.jpeg
Oh, you got the "command disabled" error?
Try holding the PTT longer.

• 1 month later...

I’ve noticed that the Rel/Hot function seems to block Viacom AI comms.  In VA I get ‘disabled for this session’ when I try to comm anything but VA cockpit commands all work (Bailey’s profile daisy chained to Viacom DCS profile).  This is in multiplayer with SRS.  

I’m in Broadcast mode, integrated to SRS so squad can hear AI comms from me.  I mapped a hot key button and use that for cockpit / non SRS and it works great, but just curious that the function doesn’t seem to work in MP.  Works fine in single player.

I’ve noticed that the Rel/Hot function seems to block Viacom AI comms.  In VA I get ‘disabled for this session’ when I try to comm anything but VA cockpit commands all work (Bailey’s profile daisy chained to Viacom DCS profile).  This is in multiplayer with SRS.  

I’m in Broadcast mode, integrated to SRS so squad can hear AI comms from me.  I mapped a hot key button and use that for cockpit / non SRS and it works great, but just curious that the function doesn’t seem to work in MP.  Works fine in single player.
Only in MP you mean?
Cheers!

Well, depends on the module. I have mapped TX5 globally on my Warthog. In modules without intercom it doesn't work of course. 

You see I use different hardware for different modules, so a TX1 in the Sabre will be a button on my Warthog, a different in the Warthog module, button on my Cougar in the Viper and Jeff, and a trigger on my MSFS in most helis. 

Not many modules have intercom actually, that's where REL/HOT was really handy with the cockpit open.