Nvidia GTX280 users - what settings?

Macca

Hello

I've just bought new PC - Q6600 with 4 GB of RAM, SB Extreme Audio, Asus P5Pro mobo and Nvidia GTX280 GPU.I run in with 24 inches widescreen LCD.

While playing LockOn I am getting wicked clouds and also rather poor frames.

Could some happy 280 users here help me by sharing the information what Nvidia Control Panel settings and ingame settings they are using?

Is it possible to get LockOn to run in widescreen res without the image being stretched in unnautural way?

Best regards

Macca

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you, Crossie;)

Indeed, it helped with clouds and the game seems to run much better with the settings you mentioned.

Howeber I have a funny problem with the LOCFG application itself - I can see only part of it, can't scroll it to the right to see other options, can't see the accept of apply button, only cancel and default. I accept changes with enter key.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A good start to get better performance is setting water to medium as it renders everywhere like it was in FC

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

I'm at work right now. Yesterday evening I checked with water to medium and mirrors off, I noticed huge improvement in framerate. Maybe I overestimated the 280;)

What nvidia control panel settings for Lock On FC would you suggest?

Ah, and if i get the wicked clouds issue I will take a screenie.

The problem with the LOCFG coftware was due to my fonts settings being set to high, 120 dpi. When I went back to 96 it all looked ok.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The 280 doesn't seem to see a massive FPS improvement as say the 4870 does.

The settings I use on my 8800GT are 4xAA 4xAF and set it to override game settings.

Oh and the new driver set was out the other day, might be worth a punt.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't expect much FPS increase when changing your video. The bottle neck here is the CPU as BS still uses only one core

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

• 2 weeks later...

Macca,

Take a look at my thread Here . I have a EVGA GTX 280 SSC. Look at my charts carefully and you will see the problem.

If you have any question please ask. Also, if you or any others would please take the time to run the benchmarks I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb