Catapult hook up trouble

ASpiderfromMars

Im a total newbie to the F 14. I seem to have a problem only on supercarriers , where there is a crew visible. I cant get them to hook me to catapult. No problem in the training lesson. I can do it fine. When I go to that same spot at launch bar , careful to be aligned and all. But pressing " U " , nothing happens. They just stand there. 

But whenever I try it on " The Stennis" - the one without visible crew - I get hooked

Anyone else have this problem? 

Happy Landings spider

• Like 1

On the supercarrier you follow the directions of the yellow shirt and the crew will hook you up, you don't press U to hook up currently except for the non supercarrier module ships.

Learn the hand signals, they should be giving you directions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im a total newbie to the F 14. I seem to have a problem only on supercarriers , where there is a crew visible. I cant get them to hook me to catapult. No problem in the training lesson. I can do it fine. When I go to that same spot at launch bar , careful to be aligned and all. But pressing " U " , nothing happens. They just stand there. 
But whenever I try it on " The Stennis" - the one without visible crew - I get hooked
Anyone else have this problem? 
Happy Landings spider
Use the radio menu and "request launch" to hook up. To get launched one had to select "salute" the same way. But I think that was changed, toggle lights or just rev up. Can't remember.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In the F 14 carrier take off lesson.  Its "U" to hook up. Then "L+shift U" to salute and launch.

But I cant do it on any other ship so far. But yes I noticed that option in the F 10 radio menu. But I was not near the launch bar when I tried it. 

I will immediately go back and try again. 

• Like 1

@Baz000 Thx that was it you are a champ , I was scrambling through whatever I could find on hand signals. No going further forward, as soon as I spread the wings the crew sprung into action. 

@MAXsenna Thx for youre advise to - they actually told me to roll just a bit forward , so you where right to -

Keep the blue side up spider

Edited by ASpiderfromMars
  • Like 1

Here you go, hopefully this helps.

Here is a way you can hook up to the catapult on the Forrestal and the Stennis without ever having to resort to external view (in some multiplayer servers external views are disabled)

it takes a little trial and error and I much prefer the ground crew but it is possible to do and when you do it enough you will get some visual references of how far to move the plane forward to get over the catapult shuttle. It works on both the Forrestal and Stennis carriers.

Edited by Baz000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Having the carrier crew directing you onto the catapult makes it so much more immersive, authentic and quite frankly helpful... The biggest aid to you is that they tell you how far forward to come to have the launch bar seat into the shuttle properly.

You don't get that with the decks devoid of crew, so you need to play around a little bit with trial and error with inching the plane a bit forward... But you can do it without having to resort to using external view, in case you are on a multiplayer server that doesn't let you for example. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1