Allow entire flight to line up on runway for takeoff

Exorcet

I'm pretty sure this has been requested before, the ability for AI to taxi four planes on the runway and line up for takeoff, but with some of the airbases in recent maps it's more important that it was before.

The specific situation that makes this capability important is when aircraft operate out of an airport that uses the runway as a taxiway:

Infinite Flight Global Airport Tracking Thread - Developer - Infinite  Flight Community

The AI will take an enormous amount of time to taxi to the end of the runway and since it only does this one by one, up to three planes end up waiting forever to take off. When trying to get planes in the air in a timely manner (ie intercept enemy aircraft) your goal is made futile.

There are also some airports that have this problem depending on the wind direction. When the runway operates in one direction there is a taxiway that paths to the end, while if the direction is reversed planes may be forced to taxi on the runway.

This is probably being addressed with the ATC improvements down the line, but I think a quick fix for this specific problem ahead of that would be appreciated.

• Like 4

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files