A little help needed from a Lua expert

RWC

Hi friends,

I have been working on creating a mission. All goes well up untill a moment of action/explosion. A windows error pops up in the back ground about a ~mis00004830.lua file. Now i have searched my pc but there is no such file to be found. I have included a picture of the issue. It seems it is looking for this ~mis00004830.lua string in the mission that is using DCS default scripts on the C drive , but only the saved games is on there. The base installation is on my D drive.

Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it ?

Thanks in advance~mis00004830 error.jpg

RWC 

As Grimes says, files with names such as ~mis00004830.lua are just temp files that DCS creates when you run  a mission (and then deletes straight afterwards).

You should download a free Log Reader such as GLOGG that allows you to watch all DCS's debug output in realtime while your mission's running. You can even add simple lines of Lua into your own code as a way of getting insight into what your code is really doing at any given point, e.g. env.info( "The current value of someVariable is: " .. someVariable )

Once you get comfortable with this basics, you should really look into MOOSE and the Eclipse LDT which allows you to set breakpoints, catch bugs, and explore your code's execution line-by-line while the mission's running. It's a little daunting at first, but it's invaluable over the longer term. 

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

If you want to make sure you're looking at the right file, look up the one mentioned in the error message. It should be located where the error message says it. It only stays there while your DCS session is open, so I'd just switch tasks and look at it right away. There you can figure out which of your LUAs have the issue if you have multiple loaded.

• Like 1