Jester priority targets and Datalink Search

CYPHER11

Hi,

sorry if this question was already discussed (would love to get a link) - but I have a few questions. Does HB plan to have jester commands to tell him which target you want to attack first in TWS? So a TWS priority? It sucks that I can‘t tell him which target i want to go first

second:

if I got a human rio and we have datalink set up - and you can see a datalink target with an altitude- than of course my human rio tries to set the radar so you have a radar contact as well - is there any plan that jester will operate the radar in such a way that he tries to get a radar blip for TWS by himself? I often got the problem that If i tell him to scan low, he Scans too low, if he Scans normal, it is too high - so it would be perfect if datalink targets are visible jester try to set the radar accordingly…

Are there any news out there about it?

thank you in advance 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spartan111sqn said:

Hi!, I have asked the same some time ago and they said it is not implemented yet, I hope it can be implemented soon.

Maybe someone can answer you with different news...

Okay - do you have a link to your post? And thank you fortnehme quick answer! 

22 hours ago, CYPHER11 said:

I often got the problem that If i tell him to scan low, he Scans too low, if he Scans normal, it is too high - so it would be perfect if datalink targets are visible jester try to set the radar accordingly…

That part of Jester menu is useless - use the one which tells Jester to scan specific alt at range instead.

TWS-auto assigns target priority by WCS - it's not Jester doing it. But of course RIO could change things around and HB has considered some changes for Jester menu - just don't expect it any soon.

Pointing radar to DL target would be a welcome feature of Jester too - never heard of plans to do it. But, there used to be the option to STT specific target and there were DL targets too.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

4 hours ago, draconus said:

That part of Jester menu is useless - use the one which tells Jester to scan specific alt at range instead.

TWS-auto assigns target priority by WCS - it's not Jester doing it. But of course RIO could change things around and HB has considered some changes for Jester menu - just don't expect it any soon.

Pointing radar to DL target would be a welcome feature of Jester too - never heard of plans to do it. But, there used to be the option to STT specific target and there were DL targets too.

yes, but in STT the phoenix is launched in semi-active mode, right?, you have to keep the lock until impact

17 minutes ago, Spartan111sqn said:

yes, but in STT the phoenix is launched in semi-active mode, right?, you have to keep the lock until impact

Yes, then ask Jester to move the antenna if you want to keep using TWS.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

4 hours ago, draconus said:

Yes, then ask Jester to move the antenna if you want to keep using TWS.

But @draconusthat´s not realistic - i think jester should be able to adjust the antenna and try to find Radar contacts if he see a datalink target - the Rio is there to support the Pilot - so it would be great if he coudl do it, you don´t think so?

The second problem is, that if yoiu let him adjust the Radar he will turn it down to -40 - or to 0 if you tell him scan level - it´s totally too much for tracking a target in a specific altitude and distance 😕

2 hours ago, CYPHER11 said:

But @draconusthat´s not realistic - i think jester should be able to adjust the antenna and try to find Radar contacts if he see a datalink target - the Rio is there to support the Pilot - so it would be great if he coudl do it, you don´t think so?

The second problem is, that if yoiu let him adjust the Radar he will turn it down to -40 - or to 0 if you tell him scan level - it´s totally too much for tracking a target in a specific altitude and distance 😕

I already said it would be nice of Jester to do better at radar handling and pointing it to DL contacts but I understand that it's out of planned scope (read the FAQ) - there is hope for future improvement.

In most situations I find alt@distance setting more useful than just antenna angle alone but I bet they'll do something with the angles too.

• Like 1

Jester's reactions are still disappointing, and his inability to control the radar is causing a lot of frustration!

I hope the production team can add new functions, as you said, so that JESTER can adjust the radar according to the information of the data link, or select the priority attack target according to the player's command.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/260275-faq-f-14ab-tomcat-by-heatblur-simulations-frequently-asked-questions/#comment-4553682

Q: Is JESTER still missing features? Will he get more features in the future?
A: Currently we are still working on implementing JESTER's LANTIRN capability. This will allow the player to use the LANTIRN pod together with JESTER. Beyond that only minor improvements are planned (for example adding more checklists, improving his behavior where possible), but we consider JESTER more or less feature complete. Quality of life features are another area that we will focus our attention to post early access completion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1