AGM-154A F16 damage issues

diskball

Hi, 

Please see the attached tracks and Tacview recordings. I know the damage model of the bomblets of the 154A has been raised before, but I think it was marked as fixed in a previous release.

I think the problem is still there. Compared to the 105 the damage is minimal and doesn't seem realistic for such a munition.

In my tests with direct targeting the SA-6 radar sending a single JSOW, failed to kill it 3 out of 5 times let alone the minimal damage in anything else in the path.

Also I noticed (Tacview, as I forgot to save this track and didn't happen in the one after) that sometimes while I set it go side by side, they flight path the JSOWs follow is that of a line. They do however, land in what seems to be the correct azimuth.

Tacview-20211117-113702-DCS-ClustersTest.zip.acmi

154A_BUG.trk 154A_BUG_single.trk 154A_BUG_single_little_damage.trk

Remember the 154A uses the BLU-97/B like the CBU-87/103, NOT the "smart" skeet BLU-108 as used in the CBU-97/105.

So if you're going to compare the damage to other weapons already in sim you should compare it to the CBU-87/103 and not the 97/105.

Its the AGM-154B that uses the fancy BLU-108 skeets and should in theory be just as effective as a CBU-105.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.