Fowler Flaps at 15 Degrees Take Off Should Retract Around 800 km/h, rather than at 500 km/h

LowRider88

Firstly, Thanks very much Razbam for the recent update to the FM, around May.  I am once again completely addicted to the MiG-19.

It is great to see the maneuvering graph screenshot examples shared in this forum, where we can see the FM lines more or less match the true lines.

The only hope I have now is that the 19's Fowler Flaps can be adjusted so they do not retract at such a low speed.

The manual says that the flaps should retract around 797 km/h, but currently they retract around 500 km/h.

Also, the book "Clashes" from Marshall L. Michel III also references (pg.189) feedback from US pilots who tested a Pakistan 19 and states the maneuvering flaps set to 15 degrees (take off setting) would increase rate of turn below 460 knots (which is about 800 km/h).

For me, when flying the 19 in game it feels I can only do a very tight turn with the flaps extended only after I drop to near landing speed.  Otherwise I have to fly an energy fight.

The 19 is great for being one of the few jet fighters (I can think of) with fowler flaps and so can have a turn performance near the smaller MiG-17.

This seems to be a fairly easy change to make.

Would it be possible to add this for the next release?

• Like 2

• 6 months later...