Can we get Petrovich to lock targets above the horizon if they are within 5km please

CrazyGman

Ok seriously there is no point give air to air variants of the Ataka missile, if Petrovitch's logic will not allow him to lock targets above the horizon. Hopefully this feature will come soon, I'm getting tired of not being able to lock on to slow low flying helicopters and jets, because the AI only in the rarest of instances can lock on to flying targets, and again it's only if they are below the horizon.

Just to be 100% sure - under the last option of the aircraft in the ME (Additional Properties), have you checked the box 'Track Air Targets'? If that is unchecked, he won't do it. It's a bit of an odd approach they've gone for, because you'd want it available to change on the fly if needed, but there we are...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CrazyGman said:

Ok seriously there is no point give air to air variants of the Ataka missile, if Petrovitch's logic will not allow him to lock targets above the horizon. Hopefully this feature will come soon, I'm getting tired of not being able to lock on to slow low flying helicopters and jets, because the AI only in the rarest of instances can lock on to flying targets, and again it's only if they are below the horizon.

I had no problems locking F-5s and F-86s at ColdWar Server. I'm almost sure some of them was slightly above me (but I'm 100% positive because the "heat of the battle").

At RotorHeads Server I can only lock those nasty Mi-28s when they are so close (and bellow me) to a point that I'm already saying farewell to one of my 3 virtual lives.

I'm not really sure if it's a airplane/helicopter, a below/above horizon or contrast/background (👇)  issue.

image.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quati said:

I had no problems locking F-5s and F-86s at ColdWar Server. I'm almost sure some of them was slightly above me (but I'm 100% positive because the "heat of the battle").

At RotorHeads Server I can only lock those nasty Mi-28s when they are so close (and bellow me) to a point that I'm already saying farewell to one of my 3 virtual lives.

I'm not really sure if it's a airplane/helicopter, a below/above horizon or contrast/background (👇)  issue.

image.png

Yeah I just can't seem to find consistent parameters that Petrovich will lock not lock onto air to air, might need more testing in mission editor

4 hours ago, ARM505 said:

Just to be 100% sure - under the last option of the aircraft in the ME (Additional Properties), have you checked the box 'Track Air Targets'? If that is unchecked, he won't do it. It's a bit of an odd approach they've gone for, because you'd want it available to change on the fly if needed, but there we are...

sounds like an option to reduce AI processing cost for large missions/multiplayer.

to cut down on the lags.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.