Mi-24p AI can salvo *two* 9K114 Shturms in quick succession?

applesinduck

Is this an intended function? This is particularly effective against tanks without using the TANDEM warhead but I just can't figure how to do as a player. I thought employing a guided missile like Shturm or Ataka is limited to a single missile per target only and that the 2nd missile can be fired only after the depressing the Radiation Reset button? 

Intel Core i5 2500K, 12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3, Z68X-UD3-B3, GTX 1080 (ZOTAC International), SSD 850 EVO

It is not realistically possible. The 9K113 complex can only “talk” to one missile at once, all missiles on one Hind use a specific code, the antenna sends out commands on this code, when receiving command the xenon lamp on the back of the missile modulates in the same frequency, thus the photo diodes in the Periscope can tell that the missile it sees is the “right” missile and the intended target for guidance is receiving correct commands. This would not work with two missiles that use same code/frequency for radio correction 

• Like 2

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

9 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

I suspect AI helos are still using Vikhr-derived code. Vikhr uses a different guidance system that can guide two missiles at once, but Ataka can't do that. The AI needs to be fixed in that regard.

The only Ataka that could are later Ataka we don’t have. Late Ataka was fitted with a laser beam riding sensor next to the radio antenna for optional flexibility. Pretty cool upgrade for the helis with lasers haha 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

So it might be possible on the Mi-28 with 9M120M variants? Interesting.

As for the Vikhr - I believe that is just firing two missiles at the same target (both laser-beam riding) in order to increase the PK (probability of kill).... one benefit of having simple missiles that are much cheaper than the AGM114/Brimstone family!