AWACS "Declare" option missing

Hardcard

• 2 weeks later...

@IronMike
Sorry for pinging you, but need to make sure HB is aware of this issue (I wouldn't know, since this thread hasn't been labeled yet).

We can ask AWACS to declare our STT locks when we're flying hornet, viper, FC3 fighters, etc., but tomcat doesn't have this option available. 
I think this is a tomcat specific issue, which is why I reported the bug here instead of the general DCS bug section.

It's kind of a big deal, since Jester doesn't always give IFF calls (and sometimes he messes them up).

@draconus
Sometimes there's no other option but to ask AWACS for a declaration... even that doesn't always work, but at least I can try to IFF that way, which beats being at Jester's mercy.

One example: there's a furball ahead, TID won't help me make sense of things and I can't be looking down at the TID anyway.

Jester won't always give me the IFF call when I get an STT lock and visual identification with TCS isn't always an option, so I need to have a plan C for IFF (which is available when I fly hornet and viper, like I said). 

Preemptively, I'll clarify that I don't intend to shoot missiles into the furball (not without the verbal consent of the buddy via SRS, anyway), I just need to lock the bandit as soon as possible, hopefully force a mistake, be ready to shoot in case my buddy dies or run in with guns. 

Also preemptively, I'll say that TCS doesn't always give me a clear image (smoke, clouds, etc.),  or the target might simply be outside of the camera's FOV. 

Another example: unknown contact popup close, I need my IFF declaration, I need it soon and I need it to be correct.

Again TID won't help me here, I have to get my STT lock and IFF call asap. Like I said, Jester won't always declare it (or he might declare it too late / incorrectly), TCS isn't always an option, so I need my plan C for IFF, pretty please.  

Another example: unknown contact that remains unknown, no matter what.

Jester won't IFF it, TCS might not be an option, I need my plan C (even if it doesn't work either, at least I can try my luck)

Finally, like I said in the previous post, I can ask AWACS for IFF declaration when I fly the other full fidelity fighters I own, tomcat shouldn't be any less.  

8 hours ago, Hardcard said:

Another example: unknown contact that remains unknown, no matter what.

Ok, I thought DL contact is always declared. I see no reason to not have the option for the Tomcat.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria