Nevada: Run Away UAV

No1sonuk

• 4 weeks later...

Only tried this mission once...ended up being a Fox Four kill.

Still managed to land safely too.

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 7:17 PM, No1sonuk said:

Has anyone even managed to get a shot lined up at the UAV?
Once I'd eventually figured out how the UAV was marked, and managed to make it SPI, I couldn't get a shot.
innumerable Stalls and a couple of spins later, and I'm wondering if it's even possible.

How was the UAV marked? I was chasing it around based on bogey dope calls and looking at my tracks I kept missing it barely.

Current system: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | ASUS TUF Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB | G.Skill 64GB Trident Z Neo DDR5 6000mHz | Quest Pro
Matrix: @seven10:matrix.jointspecialforces.org

Yeah sure. I loved that mission. It can be done! I think I shot it with different weapons at different times, including the gun. At first it was quite hard to spot it. Just fly a bit lower and listen for the bogey dope. It flies very slow. Easiest is to just get on its six and clip a wing.

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

6 hours ago, Ready said:

Yeah sure. I loved that mission. It can be done! I think I shot it with different weapons at different times, including the gun. At first it was quite hard to spot it. Just fly a bit lower and listen for the bogey dope. It flies very slow. Easiest is to just get on its six and clip a wing.

How low are we talking, sub 1,000' agl?

Current system: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | ASUS TUF Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB | G.Skill 64GB Trident Z Neo DDR5 6000mHz | Quest Pro

I just flew a bit lower as the indicated UAV alitude so I could spot the UAV better against the sky. 

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

I'll have to try some more, I've still been unable to find it but I was close when looking at my tracks.

• 3 weeks later...

I just tried it again. I had a little bit of dot nutral help, forgot to switch it off. 

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

Definitely helpful to see your approach to it, I'll need to give it a go again myself too. I do think all my attempts were done from too high of an altitude so I had more trouble picking out the UAV.

1 hour ago, seven10 said:

Definitely helpful to see your approach to it, I'll need to give it a go again myself too. I do think all my attempts were done from too high of an altitude so I had more trouble picking out the UAV.

I forgot to take care of collateral damage and shot the drone over a populated area.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

You did it cleaner than I did, I ended up running out of rounds and well.. I got creative and tipped my wing into the uav and tanked both of us while I ejected to safety.

Screen_220203_220242_1.jpg

Edited by seven10