SPO-2 RWR seems disabled in current version

LowRider88

The SPO-2 RWR seems to be disabled the in the current version.

i mount it during custom mission setup, selecting its check box in the mission load out options.

but once I start the custom mission, the RWR's Active light is not on, and the switch is not clickable. This was not the case in the previous versions, and I was able to use it before.

i saw a separate bug report here where others were upset the MiG-19 was able to detect bombers.  Did any changes for that report have any effect here?

Or am I missing something? I am doing everything the same as before.

• 2 weeks later...

There was previously a bug where the power switch for the SPO-2 became "tied" to another switch in the cockpit, which made turning it on or off a complicated process. That should be fixed and back to normal now. It was always working, the switch just couldn't be clicked unless another switch (which normally wouldn't be touched) was flipped.

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback roosmum.  I am not sure I understand though.

Which is the other switch?  Do you have the link to the other thread?

When you say it is fixed now, do you mean it was fixed after my post above (sorry not at home now and can't upgrade to find out)?

If there is any dependency on another switch, it still doesn't make sense to me that clicking the SPO switch doesn't even flip the switch.  If there is a dependency, the switch should be flippable but be inactive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 2:37 AM, rossmum said:

The other switch was the IFF power switch, you had to flip it up to move the SPO-2 power switch. The issue has been fixed now though, SPO-2 turns on just fine now.

I just updated today and it seems it is still broken.  SPO doesn't work unless I flip IFF.

On 12/30/2021 at 8:54 AM, rossmum said:

Which version are you on? I haven't flown the 19 yet since the last OB patch, but prior to that it was working alright for me.

I am on version 2.7.6.13436.  Just updated a few days ago, and retested.  Still an issue.

10 hours ago, rossmum said:

That is very out of date... current OB is 2.7.9.18080 and I think stable is on the same branch.

Oh really?  I just updated and that was what was downloaded.  Actually, I ran a "fix", so maybe that is why.

Okay Thanks Rossmum for the clarification.  I will try this later today.

On 1/2/2022 at 12:28 AM, rossmum said:

That is very out of date... current OB is 2.7.9.18080 and I think stable is on the same branch.

You are absolutely right, rossmum, my bad.

After properly updating, the SPO is working for me now.

Thanks for the clarification!

• Like 1