ThrustMaster Cougar DogFight/Center/Missle Override - how to map

JCook
Go to solution Solved by itn,

Looking for information on how to bind the Center or "off" position for the Dog Fight / Missle Override switch on a ThrustMaster Cougar throttle. In the Control assignment there are multiple lines for assigning these three positions. I'd like to understand the difference settings and why there are so many assignment lines for these three positions.

I have the DogFight and Missle Override positions bound, but not the Center position. So if I switch to Dogfight or Missle Override I can't get out of those modes. 

Can someone point me to the info explaining the different mapping options. Thanks.

• Solution

Hi,

If Cougar DGFT/MSL 3-way switch works the same way as WH boat switch, you don't bind center position. Use the special binds "DOGFIGHT/CENTER" and "MISSILE OVERRIDE/CENTER". Basically these return the control to the center position when you no longer "press" the bound button (i.e. when you return the 3-way switch to center from DGFT or MSL positions).

Here's my binds for TM Warthog throttle. I suppose Cougar has a similar 3-way switch, but button numbering is likely different:

image.png

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did not have to map my dogfight switch on my Cougar with the Viper.  It worked right out of the box.  In fact, there were only two buttons I had to fix after installing the Viper module.  I think DCS automatically detects if you have a Cougar.

Otherwise, post #2 is correct.

Edited by Mr_Blastman