Bombs fall 'over' mark point?

AngryViper.101
Go to solution Solved by AngryViper.101,

Hi

I am trying to drop 2 x GBU-10-2000lb-laserguided
however, they always fall 'over' the target.

after setting up a mark point, and then selecting it via steer point 26.
also, confirmed via TGP and Ground Radar that the steer point 26 (mark point) appears correct.

why are my bombs always falling over the target?

also, i waited for the bomb fall line to meet the flight path marker, using CCRIP mode.

i7-11800H @ 2.30GH | 16Gb 3200MHz | GeForce RTX 3060 | Samsung 1TB SSD | KINGSTON 520GB SSD

On the contrary warford, ideally you should start to lase 10-12 seconds prior to impact. Even 15 seconds isn't too long but if you begin lasing immediately after release the weapon will begin maneuvering right then to capture the spot. Usually the result is a weapon that depletes it's energy or power to the seeker resulting in a bomb that can't make appropriate final adjustments in the endgame. Another possible problem can be that the laser switch is not enabled or the TGP is not in area or spot tracking mode. The other possibility is an incorrect laser code. I hate to admit that I have on occasion overlooked or missed one or more of these items which results in a miss. I've not used LGBs much lately, so I don't know if there are still inaccuracies in the sim. Depending on the aircraft used that has been so in the past. Dropping at altitudes above 20-25,000' or below about 8,000' can also be less than reliable or consistent.

16 hours ago, tweet said:

On the contrary warford, ideally you should start to lase 10-12 seconds prior to impact. Even 15 seconds isn't too long but if you begin lasing immediately after release the weapon will begin maneuvering right then to capture the spot. Usually the result is a weapon that depletes it's energy or power to the seeker resulting in a bomb that can't make appropriate final adjustments in the endgame. 

@tweetI have suffered this problem, too.  

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // VKB STECS Mini Plus Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //