Quick fix for a little play in the Warthog joystick handle.

Shrubbo

Myself and the better half's TM Warthog sticks had a bit a movement in the actual handles. Turns out I found a real quick 1 dollar fix. A hose clamp and now they are both rock solid and it is only a PITA if I am taking the handle off regularly... which we are not.

20211224_180458.jpg

• Like 3

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

• 1 year later...

I saw this post and it was a lifesaver. I had the same play in my warthog joystick, I then saw this post. I went to Harbor freight picked up some hose clamps for six dollars. Put one on the play is gone! I wanted to thank you, even though I’m seeing this two years later for posting this, it made a difference

IMG_5775.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Hi, I also had play some time ago and believe it is a loose screw inside of the stick. This is how I fixed it. Open the stick, tighten the screw and the play was gone. Might be a different problem but just wanted to add my experience.

grafik.png

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2024 at 12:14 AM, xoxen said:

Hi, I also had play some time ago and believe it is a loose screw inside of the stick. This is how I fixed it. Open the stick, tighten the screw and the play was gone. Might be a different problem but just wanted to add my experience.

grafik.png

This is the correct solution.

It will work lose again though so I went ahead and epoxy bedded the tailpipe (a replacement steel one) into the grip.

Get one of these joystick collars, can't remember where I found it... Temu, eBay, or Reddit... two pieces held together with four magnets, you could print your own if you measure it. It will also stop the over-aggressive from snapping their stick. Put Loctite on the Allen screws and tighten them, they will stay that way.

Anti.jpgAnti-break collar for TMWH stick.jpg

Edit: Found it on eBay... here's the LINK

Edited by _Hoss

Sempre Fortis