Multi Monitor Question?

Ok,

I have a 8800GT video card with the 2 monitor setup right now working. I want to add the 3rd monitor on the right for the Abris. I have an extra 8600gt video card. Will it work to stick it in the other video slot on my board and hook a monitor up to it? I do have a SLI board so there is a slot I am not using. Or does the card have to be another 8800GT card?

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

From what I know, both cards need to match for SLI to run correctly. They can be from different companys, but need to be same model etc.

I do not want to run them in SLI, what I want it to have BS set up on 3 monitors. My 8800gt card only has a connection for 2 monitors so I need to put another card in my system to be able to connect 3 monitors. BS is suppose to be able to show Shkval on the left , camera1 {cockpit} on the middle and the Abris on the right monitor. I'm just wondering how it will all work?

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

No Joy

Hi,

Well I tried so don't the rest of you waste your time. I put in the extra card, it uses the same driver so that's all good. But because it is a separate card when I tried to span horizontally across all monitors it would not let me, it always sees the 8600 card as a lone monitor and when I try to include it the entire works reverts back to independent view every time. What I could do is do the dual monitor setup and have the third monitor to surf on the web while I am waiting to get somewhere at 250 clicks or perhaps do a work spreadsheet at the same time and that will not help me in BS at all. So I guess when I get rich or rob a bank I'll buy a triple head to go and give it a try.

Thanks for your responses.:book:

Hi,

Well I tried so don't the rest of you waste your time. I put in the extra card, it uses the same driver so that's all good. But because it is a separate card when I tried to span horizontally across all monitors it would not let me, it always sees the 8600 card as a lone monitor and when I try to include it the entire works reverts back to independent view every time. What I could do is do the dual monitor setup and have the third monitor to surf on the web while I am waiting to get somewhere at 250 clicks or perhaps do a work spreadsheet at the same time and that will not help me in BS at all. So I guess when I get rich or rob a bank I'll buy a triple head to go and give it a try.

Thanks for your responses.:book:

did you try it with ultramon? there is also another software driven triplehead program out there i just cant think of the name for it.

ultramon link: http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

Edited by multiviper

got it the other one is called SoftTH..

http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/

Thank you, I'll give this a try,however with all the conversion going on I'm sure in BS it will cost dearly when it nukes the frame rate.

Ok,

I have a 8800GT video card with the 2 monitor setup right now working. I want to add the 3rd monitor on the right for the Abris. I have an extra 8600gt video card. Will it work to stick it in the other video slot on my board and hook a monitor up to it? I do have a SLI board so there is a slot I am not using. Or does the card have to be another 8800GT card?

Nope , doesn't have to be the same acording to nvidia. You will suffer a small performance hit though but it should be acceptable, especially for the additional utility of the abris on a seperate screen. Just make sure you have enough power available to do it or your system will not be stable. My guess is that you need between a 750-850 watt PSU depending on the quality of it..

Did you try the newest 180 series drivers?? They are supposed to work much better with this?

Edited by Slayer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

You cannot use SLi with 3 Monitors.

- You can use SoftTH or the hardware from Matrox (TH2G).

- If you run XP you can use the "span" mode to get "one" big display over all three.

- You can run BS in Window mode and strech em over all three displays

The easiest (and most expensive) solution is TH2G.

SoftTH should work fine with some CFG tuning and testing.

The span mode from XP works fine but due to the new graphic subsystem this is no longer possible in Vista. DirectX 10 brings native multimonitor support but DCS is Dx9...

A downgrade to XP is no option for me.

The window mode works fine and without problems but you will get massive performance problems! I lost about 60% of my FPS! :-(

kaos.dll

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]