Not a bug: F/A-18 AC Ramp placement issue

BlackRook

As I am now educated on the Street and such, I realize that this is Working as Designed.  Thanks to all.

v 2.7.9.17830

Setup steps:   Mission Editor: new Syria/PG/Cauc mission

1. Place CVN-74 Stennis (though Lincoln and Vinson exhibited same issue)

2. Place a F/A-18C on the carrier and setting WP0 to be 'Takeoff from Ramp'.

Results:

1. In ME, the graphic shows the plane at the CAT1 position, cannot unsnap it from that position to any parking area.

2. Plane spawns in center of deck. 

Deleting both Carrier and Aircraft and recreating does not resolve.
Able to reproduce on Syria, Persian Gulf and Caucasus.
Able to reproduce with CVN-74, -71 and -70 (stopped testing there).

not_parked.png

takeoff_from_ramp_selected.png

Edited by BlackRook
Not a bug.

When you select to Takoff from CAT 1 to 4 it will show the correct position but when you select a Ramp start it positions the icon from CAT 1 even if you start from a elevator. As far i remember it was always like this. i rather have/wish a ramp positioning shown as in the AFB´s of course. And the center you mentioned it´s called The Six Pack it´s a ramp start, it´s correct. The pic show the spawn positions.carrier layout.png

Deck.png

Flight Deck overview Carrier.jfif

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• BlackRook changed the title to Not a bug: F/A-18 AC Ramp placement issue